Thursday, June 2, 2016

A quick jaunt around Part One of 2016......

It's hard to believe that we're halfway into 2016. It's been a whirlwind.... a lot of fun.

I have so many things to expound on, but there are always those little moments of life that you want to remember. Lest I forget.....


Junior League

I mentioned before that I joined JL and LOVE it. Still so true and the love is growing. We just finished out the year and I'm looking forward to next year. I'm staying on the two committees I was on for this year (Provisional and Special Events). I'm actually chairing the Special Events committee.... there are a lot of things I feel can be improved upon and the leaders agree with my vision. Most of the Provisional committee is staying on, which I am so happy about!


The girls (Katherine, Shannon, Emily, Katherine, and Kathleen) and I at a party for one of our major fundraisers.




Our committee meetings always turned into a party. We went into this one planning a party for Kathleen's birthday. That candle? Coolest candle ever. It opened up, spun, and sang.




Courtney and I at the end of the year banquet.




Kathleen and I at the end of the year banquet.




Marjorie, Malonie, Kathleen, Meranda, and I at a Prospective Member event.




Work

My job is going really well, this year! *knockonwood* I've always loved it, but I had some growing pains in the past couple years. This time last year, management finally "got it" and worked to improve some things for me. Since then, it's still busy and stressful and sometimes not a walk in the park, but I'm a lot more fulfilled than I was for a while.



My coworker Mike walked in my office holding this monstrosity. He found it outside of a side door in between my office and his studio. Blech!!!




These people are my best friends at work. We were at an event our station was hosting and got a bit slap happy.




One of the perks is getting tickets to fun events.... like a Rum Fest. My cousin Heidi and brother Trevor joined me at this one. My assistant Chris hung out with us and we all had a blast.




This little nugget has been my life saver in the past year. Ashley worked out her internship hours and practicum to be with me a full year. Now, she's hanging out to keep learning and hopefully get hired on. I'm working on it so hard!!!




Oh, and small detail.... I met Kate Upton. Her boyfriend (and I think now fiancee) plays for the Detroit Tigers, who call us home for Spring Training. They had an event and we supported. She was super nice. And, a lot tinier, lean, etc than she looks on the cover of magazines.






Family and Friends

I'm really so blessed to have such great people in my life. And, the most adorable niece in the world (more in depth posts coming).

We see one another all the time, so sometimes it doesn't feel like "an event." But, it is wonderful and I don't take it for granted.



We had an Easter party and a bunch of friends/family came over. It ended up being a great time.




The top left? That's Lydia. She is seven now and it's breaking my heart how big she's getting. I can't handle it.




This was taken in the bathroom at an event. The bathrooms were decorated to the max. Billie Jo and I thought this was hysterical, so it was selfie time.


No comments: