1. One of my favorite TV shows recently changed the actors who played two characters. Have you ever been bothered by a TV show or movie series changing actors who play a character you love?
Soap Operas do it all the time. Most of the time, it doesn't bother me and sometimes I like the recast as much if not more (ie, when Tamara Braun replaced Sarah Brown as Carly on GH). One recast I did NOT like was when they recasted Babe on AMC. The new girl never worked for me.... I always preferred Alexa Havins.
2. A coworker recently shared a link to a blog listing the "five things you should know before dating a journalist." As a journalist, I can honestly say the writer was spot-on. What are some things people should know before spending time with you?
1) I work a lot. I work weird hours. I bring my work home with me. The majority of my fun is somehow related to my work. Sorry.
2) My family is a little insane. I still love them and like spending time with them.
3) I've been told that I have a memory like an elephant. Or, a steel trap. I remember a lot and will use that for both informational purposes and to my advantage.
4) I really do love Disney.
5) Bars are not fun for me. I'd much rather going to a coffee shop or a restaurant.
3. What is something you often do without realizing that you're doing it?
I sort my candy (M&Ms, Skittles, etc) by color and eat them in pairs.
4. Who has the capacity to make you angrier than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to make you so angry?
This girl that I used to work with. I really can't stand her. I really try to work on my attitude when it comes to her because it doesn't hurt anyone but me.
She's the type of girl that HAS to be the center of any male attention. She did a lot of sleeping around our building. Just really, really manipulative.
5. If a fairy waved a magic wand and gave you the house of your dreams, where would it be and what features would it have?
Two stories, wrap around porches, big kitchen, guest rooms, a dance studio, awesome bathrooms.
It would be either here or Nashville.
6. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
Hmmmm........ I don't know.
7. I used to talk in my sleep. In fact, I could carry on a conversation with someone when I was fully asleep, and my mom used this fact when I was a teenager to find out if I did anything wrong and was hiding it from my parents. If you were talking your sleep tonight, what do you think you would say?
I'd probably say that I needed a vacation and was tired of Fall Book.
8. The fourth installment of the "Twilight" movie series ("Breaking Dawn Part I") will be released in theaters soon. Movie theaters started selling advance tickets for midnight showings months ago. Have you ever attended a midnight premiere showing of a movie?
I saw the last three Harry Potter movies (Half-Blooded Prince, Deathly Hallows 1, and Deathly Hallows 2) at midnight. I also saw New Moon and Eclipse at midnight. And, yes, I've already got my ticket for Breaking Dawn Part 1.
9. On Tuesday, tigers, lions and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw "Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle" being displayed on a road sign?
Um, I'd stay in my vehicle and try to get out of that area as quickly as possible.
10. If a company opened a theme park aimed at adults, what would you name one of the rides?
11. Imagine you just moved onto Sesame Street. Which puppet would you want as your new roommate?
12. Have you ever had a weird crush on a famous person that didn't make sense to you?
I don't think so. I think all my famous crushes are pretty obvious.
13. If you get ten minutes to interview any celebrity of your choice, who would you like it to be?
14. You've just won the complete DVD collection of all the movies starring one actor or actress. Which actor/actress would you pick?
Um...... probably Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon.
15. Actor George Clooney recently told People Magazine that he doesn't use Twitter "because I will drink in the evening and I don't want anything that I could possibly write at midnight to actually end my career." What is something you've said through social media and then regretted it?
Nothing, really. Every now and then, I might be a little more dramatic than I need to be, but overall, I am pretty cautious.
16. VH1 has re-introduced its hit show "Pop-Up Video," which gives behind-the-scenes facts for popular music videos. What musician would you be most interested in learning behind-the-scenes facts about?
Any of them. I think that stuff is fascinating.
17. If you stumbled across someone's personal written journal that was accidentally left in a public place, would you read any of the content?
I'd try not to..... hopefully, there would be name and phone number so I could return it.
18. What is the title of a self-help book that you'd never want to see on a store bookshelf?
I have no idea.
19. Many media outlets have been asking this question a lot this week... Which Halloween costume do you think will be overdone this year?
20. Should a marriage license have a renewal date or expiration date, like a driver’s license?
No. Not at all. I've actually gotten into a debate with Non-New Year's Eve Date about this. He thinks they should.
I think people shouldn't be punished for wanting to stay in their marriages.
It's so hard to believe that it's already time to be thinking about Christmas cards, again. However, sending Christmas cards are one of my favorite traditions. One of the things I like to do is to personalize my cards with a picture of me with the person, from the current calendar year. It's kind of neat and people tend to like it. I mean, I don't have a husband or kid to put on my cards, so it makes sense to showcase the people that are in my life..... the people receiving the cards.
Despite my good intentions, I don't get a picture with every single person I send a card. That's where Shutterfly comes in :)
Last year, I participated in their Blogger promotion and I'm doing it again, this year!! You cannot beat 25 free Christmas Cards.
Shutterfly really does have some of the best card designs, around. Their service is wonderful. Here are the cards I did last year (because I couldn't pick just one)..............
I'm already having a difficult time choosing this year :)
While I appreciate the free cards, I love their other products, too. Earlier this year, I made a photo book of all my radio concert experiences...... I have all these pictures and no place to display them, so the book was perfect!
Check out Shutterfly..... I promise, you won't be disappointed :)
Christmas is most definitely my favorite time of year.... I just love it!
A couple years ago, the lovely Justine hosted an ornament exchange. I had the good fortune to be paired up with sweet Paige. We were awesome ornament swap partners and Bloggy friends, still.
Justine is too busy taking care of her adorable little baby to host the swap, so I asked her if I could hijack it. She kindly agreed :)
Here are the rules(Which Justine may or may not have stolen borrowed from Katie at Loves of Life and I may have stolen from Justine)
1. Become a Follower of my Blog! So you can get all the updates on the exchange (and my life... ;) ) and so I can take a look at your blogs!
2. You must have a US mailing address. International shipping is just too expensive..... sorry!
3. You have until November 4th to sign up. That gives us 2 weeks to get the word out and get as many participants to sign up as we can! You can grab this button to share (it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it gets the job done).....
4. You will buy your partner a new ornament that costs between $5 and $15. They don't have to be expensive to be fun! Paige and I decided to get ornaments for each other that showcased our home states, and it turned out great! Get creative, have fun! :)
5. Put the ornament in the mail between November 18th and the 22nd. Remember, that's the week before/of Thanksgiving so mailing will be a little nuts after the 22nd. That gives you about 2 weeks to find the perfect ornament for your partner! :)
6. To participate, sign up with Linky and then leave a comment with your email address (or you can email me with your name and email address, if you don't want to put it up here for everyone to see). I will assign you a partner and send you an email with whom you were matched up.
7. I will email partners on November 7th or 8th. Then you guys can exchange information.
8. I will put up another Linky on Monday, December 5th so we can all come back and show off our ornaments! And, if you feel so compelled we can show off our Christmas decorations, too!! :)
9. Please, do not sign up unless you will participate! Please, participate!! It will cost you at most $20 and you will get a fun new ornament for the 2011 Christmas Season. Last year, I so enjoyed opening the ornaments Paige sent me the year before and putting them on my tree! :)
Like Katie and Justine, I also will chose one random participant to whom I will send an ornament. So, some lucky blogger will receive two ornaments!
I've never been the fickle type. My middle and high school friends can attest that I liked the same boy all throughout my teens. Ten years later, after seeing said boy at my reunion, I still support that. We're clearly not meant for one another, but he was (and still is) the type of guy any mother would be ok with their daughter liking. He was just a good guy. And, there weren't any other better prospects, so I stuck with him.
Throughout college, I rarely paid attention to men. Sure, on occasion, one would catch my eye. However, it really wasn't anything to write home about. Flirtation, really.
Then, I met "The Guy."
You all know about him, right? No need to rehash.
Over the past several months, I've stayed in touch with him, but am moving on. To be perfectly frank, we're still playing the same games we've been playing...... I'm just handling them differently. If we're meant to be, then we'll have a VERY interesting story to tell to our grandkids (or, they could just read this blog). If we're not, then I'll have learned a lot.
Anyways, for the first time in my life, I have more than one "prospect." I use that term extremely loosely.
The current front runner? Fun Distraction.
Lately, we've been hanging out. A lot. And, we are flirty. And, slightly on the touchy-feely side (not at work).
And, people are starting to take notice.
To the point that he came to me this morning and said, "Hey, I've had several people ask if we're together."
Me -"Really? Who?"
FD - "M and L, for starters."
Me - "Yeah, C asked me the same thing."
Apparently, there are vibes and people are starting to pick up on them. People in the office...... and people who don't even know us.
Office romances aren't a rare thing. Especially in radio.
It's really hard to find someone who can understand the workload, the weird hours, the personalities, etc. Shoot..... It's hard to find someone NOT in radio (or somehow related to it) because all I do is work.
So, really, it should be no surprise that the front runner is someone who is also in radio.
Which brings me back to this morning's convo...........
See, we've talked about our other prospects. Again, I use that term loosely......... "other prospects" being other singles who may or may not have an interest and in whom we may or may not have an interest. We've kind of established that there's no one (on either side) that sticks out. That anyone that mentioned or seen isn't someone that can be considered "a thing."
Until today, however, we've never talked about the possibility of "us."
More like danced around the possibility.
"I mean, we're friends and we like hanging out together."
"It would be bad if things didn't work out and then we hated one another.We'd still have to work together."
"It is what it is."
"Sure, we're touchy-feely. A lot. But, that's just us, right?"
"I mean, I'm not opposed to something, but I'm not necessarily demanding it, either."
No actual discussion. Just broad statements like the above.
And, I've no clarity on the situation, at all. I don't have a clue what any of our conversations is supposed to mean. Is he interested and was gauging? Or, is he not interested and wanted to make sure I wasn't interested?
One thing I know for sure........ I apparently am attracted to the ambiguous type.
A while back, I received an email from Easy Canvas Prints to do a product review. I, for one, love free, so I was totally up for it. I'd seen several other bloggers do similar reviews and was jealous. When my opportunity arrived, I was thrilled, lol.
The deal was that I was able to turn one photo to canvas. The only problem was that I couldn't figure out what photo to use, lol. I'm not married.... I don't have any adorable children of my own.... I don't have pets.... and, well, I have pictures of my family already framed in my office.
Then, a few weeks ago, I was sitting in Youth Group (I'm a small group leader) and the sermon/talk was on true love. On finding and keeping great relationships.... not just romantic relationships, but all relationships.
That talk reminded me of a guy that used to be in my Sunday School class and a piece of advice he gave. He said that he had printed out 1 Corinthians 13 and kept the paper in his wallet. Anytime he felt himself being rude or mean or short-tempered, he'd get it out and read it.
Bam. I had it.
After playing around on Picnik for a while, I had the image I wanted on canvas.........
The Easy Canvas Prints website is super easy to use. They literally take you step-by-step through creating your canvas. In the interest of full disclosure, it's better to have your picture already edited exactly as you want it as their editing tools/options are limited. However, it really only took a few steps to have my canvas ordered and on the way.
About a week after ordering, there was a box at my door. Everything was packaged great and was in perfect shape. Plus, it was completely ready to hang, which I did..........
Already, I've received several comments from co-workers. They first want to know where I got it and then, why I have that verse hanging in my office (to which I reply, "To remind me to be nice to you when you're getting on my nerves."). Plus, I think it looks pretty. :)
Overall, I would definitely use Easy Canvas Prints, again. Check them out, if you're interested in turning a photo to canvas!! And, if you're looking for something similar, right now...... "Like" their FB Page and you'll get 50% off your next order, plus free shipping!!
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about their service and product!
I am creative in the sense that I can think of an idea. I am crafty in the sense that I can execute an idea. However, I am not able to do both at the same time. I can think of an idea, but not execute it OR I can execute someone else's idea.
Hence, I'm jealous of those who can think of a great idea AND bring it to life.
I love Fall. However, Fall is my busiest time of year. I tend to get so caught up in work that my favorite season passes me by.
The idea of a list where I get to check off different things..... where I make an effort to take advantage of the fun things you can do in Fall..... is right up my alley.
In Florida, we don't have a typical Fall. We have no colorful falling leaves. We have no apple trees. But, we have other fun things to do which I put on my own personal list......
Already I've achieved GNO, HHN, and the Corn Maze (and I don't have a single picture from any of them..... *sigh*). I'll most likely be doing HHN and the maze, again, before the month is over (note to self - bring camera).
Here's hoping I'll lots of fun stuff to post about throughout the next two months, while I work through my little list!