in June =
That's right. I'm attempting Weight Watchers Online.
See, I'm really good at counting calories. Super at it. But, after a while, it becomes monotonous.
So, I'm trying something new.
I am currently using the free week trial, but will most likely go ahead and do the 3-month special. That will take me right to the wedding I'm in on June 25th.
Also, I *am* still using my calorie tracker. Just for my own education. Plus, the calorie tracker tracks all nutrients, which I like. I can get a rough idea of which vitamins or minerals I need to pay more attention in eating.
Like I said, I'm only doing it for my own education. I'm living by the points, but also keeping an eye on what I'm doing in calories/nutrients, each day.
What I like, so far..............
- My morning banana is zero points, whereas it's 120 calories. It's nice eating something without it necessarily counting against you.
- Adding on to the above, I do feel WW encourages good choices. A banana may be 120 calories..... and so may a cookie. Sometimes, in calorie counting, the cookie wins out. However, by points, I'm "rewarded" for choosing the banana.
- I feel like I get to eat more. Beyond my banana situation, I feel like WW allows me more food. Honestly, I'm eating on the high end of what I do for calorie counting. There have been a couple nights, even so far, where I'm past my normal calorie allotment, but I still have points left for the day. It's kind of nice to be able to eat a snack without worrying about the calories.
- Weekly Points. I love that I have that cushion. Where I can splurge and not worry so much.
- Activity Points. I love that I get more points when I exercise. When I'm calorie counting, I *do* get to eat more when I exercise, but I do stress a little more. It's nice to have the Activity Points as a back-up for the Weekly Points, lol. As of now, it doesn't even look like I'll use those APs this week, but it's nice to have them.
What I don't like, so far......
- Nutrient-lost. I really would like to have a firmer idea of where I'm at with my various vitamins/minerals. They have a little food group checker, but it's more up to you to decide. You could get all the points, but be seriously lacking in the nutrient department. This is one of the main reasons I am still using my Calorie Counter.
- Not as many brands/establishments. I've noticed in the food searcher that there are A LOT of brands and restaurants that aren't in their system. Thankfully, the Calorie Counter does have a lot of them in their database, so I can get the points calculated. I eat out. A lot. I just do. So, I need to be able to find those items and be able to get a rough idea of the content/points.
So, that's where I'm at. I figure I can try it out for the next 3 months..... get me to the wedding.... and then I can re-evaluate.
I'm new to this WW world, but I know tons of people have been doing this for years.
What about you? Have you done the WW thing before? Any advice? Tips? Warnings?
I'm not much of a chef, but any recipes I just have to try?