Christmas is most definitely my favorite time of year.... I just love it!
A couple years ago, the lovely Justine hosted an ornament exchange. I had the good fortune to be paired up with sweet Paige. We were awesome ornament swap partners and Bloggy friends, still.
Justine is too busy taking care of her adorable little baby to host the swap, so I asked her if I could hijack it. She kindly agreed :)
Here are the rules (Which Justine may or may not have
stolen borrowed from Katie at Loves of Life and I may have stolen from Justine)
1. Become a Follower of my Blog! So you can get all the updates on the exchange (and my life... ;) ) and so I can take a look at your blogs!
2. You must have a US mailing address. International shipping is just too expensive..... sorry!
3. You have until November 4th to sign up. That gives us 2 weeks to get the word out and get as many participants to sign up as we can! You can grab this button to share (it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it gets the job done).....
4. You will buy your partner a new ornament that costs between $5 and $15. They don't have to be expensive to be fun! Paige and I decided to get ornaments for each other that showcased our home states, and it turned out great! Get creative, have fun! :)
5. Put the ornament in the mail between November 18th and the 22nd. Remember, that's the week before/of Thanksgiving so mailing will be a little nuts after the 22nd. That gives you about 2 weeks to find the perfect ornament for your partner! :)
6. To participate, sign up with Linky and then leave a comment with your email address (or you can email me with your name and email address, if you don't want to put it up here for everyone to see). I will assign you a partner and send you an email with whom you were matched up.
7. I will email partners on November 7th or 8th. Then you guys can exchange information.
8. I will put up another Linky on Monday, December 5th so we can all come back and show off our ornaments! And, if you feel so compelled we can show off our Christmas decorations, too!! :)
9. Please, do not sign up unless you will participate! Please, participate!! It will cost you at most $20 and you will get a fun new ornament for the 2011 Christmas Season. Last year, I so enjoyed opening the ornaments Paige sent me the year before and putting them on my tree! :)
Like Katie and Justine, I also will chose one random participant to whom I will send an ornament. So, some lucky blogger will receive two ornaments!