Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at Disney - Spectacle of Dancing Lights (Dec 20)

One of the major advantages to living inCentral Florida is that Disney (and all the other Tampa/Orlando parks) is practically in my backyard. We have passes and it's not uncommon for us to head over there for dinner or just to hang for a couple hours.

LOL, one time, I was on the phone with my friend Amy (who grew up in and lives in DC) and I was headed to Disney for dinner. She goes, "I think it's so funny that you guys go to Disney like most people go to a neighborhood park."


Anyway, after working the overnight, I finally had some free time. Literally, it was the first time in over 3 weeks that I'd had more than 4 consecutive hours where I wasn't working or sleeping, lol. Needless to say, fun was in order. My mom, stepdad, and cousin decided to head over to look at the lights and decorations.

If you've never seen or heard of 'The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights', you're missing out. I LOVE them! We go every year, just to look. In the past couple of years, they made them 'dancing' lights, which is amazing, as well.


I love this picture.... how you can see the sign perfectly and the reindeer/Santa in the background....

Pictures don't really do it justice....






Obviously, you can't see this in the picture, but the flames were moving, so it looked like a gigantic fireplace.....


Again, can't see it in the picture... Mickey and Santa shaking hands.



SO pretty to walk through... a huge tent of lights. Also, there are all these little 'touches' as you're walking through the streets. Bikes wrapped in lights.... hidden Mickey's... all the "apartment" windows decorated differently for Christmas. AND, it also "snows" while you're walking the streets.



Peace, Love, and Disney.....



The TRUE reason for the season....



Kayleigh and I... this was Kay's first time and she was amazed walking through, lol.


A small sample of the show....



No comments: