Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blogtember..... Life Lately and A New Challenge



Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!


Based off of my lack of blogging, you may have guessed that life is crazy. September through May is my crazy time at work and this September is no different. It's just insanely busy.

Life is good, though. Just busy. And, when I do have a moment to breathe, I just haven't felt like getting on the computer. Like, I want to share and document, but I do not have the oomph to put it on my screen. I'm trying to remember to relax.... and keep in touch with friends.... and spend time with my family.... and live in the moment.


Like, when I catch my coworker raiding my snack stash.....




Or, taking in a Miranda Lambert concert with the sister....




Or, appreciating a Harvest Moon coming up over a lawn of fellow concert-goers.



Also, there are still some potential-maybe-possibly-we-will-see-what-happens things in the works. Maybe. I don't really know. But, if there are, it could be exciting. We'll see.




 Tuesday, September 24: Review a book, place, or product.

Let's see... I haven't read a new book in far too long, unfortunately.

Places..... I went to several new places on my New England and Canadian cruise. I fully intend to review them in great detail, at some point.


Product. I got this.

So, two days after I got back from my cruise, I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. That was exactly two weeks ago and I'm down 6 lbs, pre-cruise. The day after I got back, I weighed myself (why, I do not know) and I was up 7.5 lbs. Granted, most of that was just plain "on a boat on the sea for a week" bloat. And, I was Day 4 of that TOM. So, as much I would like to say I've lost 13.5 lbs.... really, I've lost 6. But, it is incredible and I will take it. I still have another 10 days. I've already gone ahead and ordered another set of 14-Day supplements for the Max Phase.

I just feel good. I'm eating clean..... not perfect, but pretty darn good. I'm staying away from all "white" foods and keeping my carb sources to mainly be from fruits and veggies. The past two Mondays, I've gone to group birthday dinners..... both Mondays, I had one bite of the shared dessert. The past two Fridays, I've gone to lunch with Billie Jo.... we always go to a FroYo place after and both Fridays, I've had a small cup (about 4 oz) of FroYo with some blueberries. That is the extent of my sweets.

While the idea of some yummy Fall treats have piqued my interest (um, caramel apple cookies and pumpkin cream cheese pound cake, anyone?), I really haven't had to tear myself away from anything that was actually sitting in front of me. Thankfully, the cravings aren't there.

I don't know how much I will ultimately lose, but I know I feel amazing. And, with the Fall, I need to feel amazing. Let me tell you, this Advocare stuff is legit.


No comments: