Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mistakes



Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made.


I make plenty of mistakes. Everyone does. Forgetting to switch the laundry and it goes sour. Turning down the correct road, so you end up being late. Eating one too many bites and getting that "I'm going to be sick" feeling. Hurting someone's feelings (even if unintentionally).

I make all kinds of "everyday" mistakes.

The big ones, though? I honestly probably don't make enough and that is my mistake.

I walk on eggshells, constantly trying not to screw up. Trying not to disappoint. 

I think it ends up holding me back. You know that saying about regretting the things you don't say/do? Totally have felt that. I live in fear that I will regret saying it or doing it..... I either say/do too late or not at all. Then, I wonder what would have happened if I'd just jumped.

In some ways, I think I'm getting a bit better. Even in small (still fairly responsible) ways.... like, I probably will forget how tired I was the next morning, but I'll never forget going to the midnight showing with my friends. Or, I won't miss the $75 an excursion cost, but I would have missed not getting to take such amazing pictures and making memories with my family.

Basically, I'm learning that it is sometimes ok to make a mistake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh mistakes happen to the best of us. I cringe when I think of some of the mistakes I've made.

Mel
Mel's Corner

Jenna {Real Simple Girl} said...

I can totally relate. I was just thinking about this the other day, and maybe I'm not enough of a risk-taker to have made any really huge mistakes. I'm far from perfect, but maybe I do need to try thinks and make mistakes to learn more!