Saturday, November 8, 2008

All I Want To Do-oh-oh-oh-oh


Last night was the ultimate Girl's Night! For my mom's 48th Birthday (which was last week, the 29th), I decided to take her to the Sugarland concert. We both LOVE Sugarland. They were going to be in Kissimmee, so I thought it would be a fun time.



My Aunt Jen wanted to go and so did Paula, so they each bought tickets. Also, Billie Jo and her two sisters, Jenny and Jamie, love the group. We decided to make a girl's night out of it.


Billie Jo, Jamie, Paula, Jenny, and Myself

Me, Mom, and Aunt Jen

Me and Aunt Jen

Billie Jo and I
Earlier in the day, Kellie Pickler (who was opening for them) stopped by the station for an on-air interview. I brought Mom and Jen up there to meet her.










Later, everyone met at my house. We loaded up in my mom's big Suburban (yes, all 7 of us) and off we went. Our first stop was Chipotle's for dinner!!






The concert was AWESOME! I seriously love that group and they're even better live. So much energy!!!










Who is that in the balls? Oh yes.... it Sugarland! They raced to the end of the crowd and back to the stage. So cool!!




The only downside? My voice was already going (it happens 3-4 times a year when the seasons change) and my singing at the top of my lungs did it in. Yeah, voice is completely gone. Dead.... like, seriously, not in existence.



This morning, we had a car giveaway. It's our big Fall Promotion. All the full-time air staff was there, as well as our PD, the Sales Rep, and Tunie. I was registering people..... yeah, not so easy to do when you can't talk. Then, I had to race to the station to work the board during a remote.


I'm supposed to be on the air tonight and tomorrow night. Thankfully, M (our PD) told me I only have to talk twice an hour, instead of introducing every other song.

1 comment:

Emily said...

soo FUN:)I went to sugarland concert before they were even that popular of a band! then went again when they played at my alma mater OSU... I love jennifer she is darling:) Looks like you had such a fun night:)
PS_ taylor swift cd is amazing!!! u should get it!