For those coming from GTKY and Sunday Stealing..... welcome! The meme's are towards the bottom :)
This weekend has been full of interesting adventures!!
Saturday morning, I got up, gussied up, and headed east. See, I had an important party to attend. A special party for a special person.....
(insert a childish Na-na-na-boo-boo)
Brittany was so sweet and lovely. On her visit to her hometown, she was having a baby shower and was nice enough to invite me. I was so excited to see her again (it's been a year since our Bloggy Weekend).
Her parents' house is so nice and was decorated wonderfully for the occasion. All the yummy food was impossible to resist, lol.
It's an interesting experience when you meet a Bloggy Friend's "real life" friends and family. For one, YOU are known as the "Blogger." I can't tell you how many times I explained that I met Britt through the internet, lol. Then, there are soooo many people that you've never met and don't know about you, but you read all about, everyday. So, you feel like you know them...... but, they know you only slightly better than Adam's Housecat. Once again, I was constantly explaining that I already knew blah, blah, blah because I read about it on Britt's blog or because we've discussed it during our meet-ups, lol.
However, another thing you learn is that as awesome as your Bloggy Friends are..... their "real life" friends and family are just as awesome. Everyone was so nice and friendly! I had looonnngggg conversations with people I'd never met before and probably wouldn't see again. Her very own mother hugged my neck and told me I was welcome to come say Hi anytime I was in the area, lol.
I did get to chat with Britt a bit and, of course, grabbed a picture........... (excuse the lighting).....
Sadly, I had to cut out right as she was opening her presents for her Baby Girl. I had to get to work.
Which brings me to interesting adventure #2..................
I went to a Mud Bog for the very first time in my life.
For those of you who don't know what a Mud Bog is, it's a big pile of mud. Where rednecks go to get really, really dirty.
For those of you who say that Florida isn't a part of the South............. you've obviously never been to my part of the state.
I was born and raised in Central Florida. I have rednecks as family members. I am even what can be considered "Southern."
However, mudding is not something I participate in. I don't like getting dirty. At all.
So, going to the 2nd largest Mud Bog in the state was an eye-opener. We were having an event there. As we were driving in, I saw a woman riding on a Swamp Buggy, breastfeeding her baby.
I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking. I was like a tourist in a foreign country.
I honestly don't know how they can stand to be so dirty.
Last night was truly an education for me, lol. I can't fully explain it.
My 3rd adventure was....................
Yep! I bought a new car!!!
I've had my Hyundai Accent for almost 10 years. I got it in August 2001.
Despite enduring slight ridicule for driving around "The Go-Kart", I liked my little car.
However, over the past year, I've been having some troubles with it. Just wear and tear. Plus, more recently, it's proven to be a little too small for my needs.
So, after much thought............ trust me, I ponder these things A LOT........ I went to the dealership and got myself a Ford Escape. I already love it :)
1. did you watch the royal wedding?
I did!! I watched bits and pieces while I was getting ready for work. Then, Friday night, I watched the whole recording.
It really was amazing :)
2. tea and crumpets or coffee and a scone?
I do love a good scone!
3 who's cuter..prince william or prince harry?
I used to think William, but in the past few years, most definitely Harry.
4. can you speak in a english accent?
Only certain phrases.......... like, "Where you in the boat when the boat tipped over?" Lydia cracks up when I say that, lol.
5. do you own a fancy hat?
6. would you rather live in a castle or an english cottage?
Castle. I'm all about castles.
7. how old were you when prince charles and princess diana got married? were you even born?
I was not born, yet.
8. have you found your prince?
No, but someday he'll come :)
1. If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?
I'm not sure. Probably not a good one.
2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
I'd meet the man I'm supposed to marry.... marry him.... and, have kids.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
I'd pay off the new car I just bought :)....... Pay of my parents' house........ Buy a house...... Take me family and friends on a massive vacation.......... Gift the church........ Donate a HUGE amount to St Jude
5. Could you fall in love with your best friend?
I already have done that.
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you really love?
Oy vey, is that a loaded question.
8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do?
Try to get over him...... unsuccessfully.
9. If you'd like to act (movies, stage) with someone, who would it be?
10. What do you expect of your loved one?
To love and respect me back.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
Hopefully, married with kids. And, skinnier.
12. What’s your fear?
That the answer to the above question won't happen.
13. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Married, but wise with what little money we had.
14. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Make my bed. Every single morning.
15. Do you ever hold back in a relationship?
16. If you fell in love with two people simultaneously, how would you pick?
I have no idea. Assuming that they both loved me back and I loved them both equally, I guess I'd go with the man that made the most sense.
17. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
I don't know. There are some horrible things that I don't know that I could forget or that would let me trust, again.
18. What are your three most important expectations in love?
To be faithful, to be trusting, and to be my partner