Friday, July 12, 2013

Flashback Friday: Oh, Christmas Tree

So, generally speaking, we get our Christmas trees the week after Thanksgiving. Sometimes, we slack, but little Lydia was adamant that it wasn't Christmas until there was a tree (girl after my own heart).

In fact, she almost broke our hearts when we were decorating the house and she earnestly came over to my mom and asked if we could please get a Christmas tree.

The next night, we adopted Rufus............. 



Yes, we named him Rufus. Quite frankly, he was the largest and best tree we ever have had. Lydia actually picked him out.

While we were giving Rufus a couple days to settle in before decorating, we got Lydia set up with a Christmas tree for her playroom. The kid was overjoyed to be decorating her little tree.






Eventually, we did get Rufus all dressed up. Every year, we top our tree with the Tin Foil Star that Mike made 21 years ago...............



Seriously, a gorgeous tree.........





Princess Tree........... I adore the way a lit tree looks in a dark room.........



I know it seems silly to document a Christmas tree, seven months after the tree is long gone, but I just had to. Not only do I personally LOVE Christmas trees, but this was the year that Lydia fell in love with them also. A couple days after Christmas, I had her most of the day and I asked her what her favorite part of Christmas this year was. She so innocently said, "Getting a real tree for my house."

It melted me. Sometimes, I do wonder if I'll ever be blessed with children of my own. I pray that I do and I pray that they are as sweet and precious as this kid. But, even if I don't get my own, I've been blessed to see so many of these milestones and priceless moments of Lydia's life.

No comments: