Friday, July 5, 2013

Flashback Friday: Thanksgiving Cruise (Cozumel and At Sea)

If you are at all interested in checking out the first half of our Thanksgiving Cruise, you can here.

On Saturday, November 24th, we woke up and were just off the coast of Cozumel. Well, almost.....




Around noon, we got there. Before that, we all met for breakfast and then got ready for our day. Megan and I made it to the gym, again, before getting ready.

Trevor and the younger Megan were THRILLED, because their 19 year old selves could legally drink while watching the Florida/Florida State game at Senor Frogs...........



Yeah, you read that right. We are in another country and the four people above were most concerned with heading to a bar and watching football. Both Megan and Bryan were excited to have one another. See, we are a Gator family and they are the lone Noles. They revel in their own camaraderie.

Uncle Bobby rented a scooter and went on his own to explore.

Mom, Megan, and I had booked an excursion........







Let me tell you.... If you ever go to Cozumel, I *HIGHLY* recommend this excursion. SO. MUCH. FUN!!!! I will warn you, the frozen margaritas are endless. I very quickly forgot how many times they refilled it. The salsa was delicious, too, lol. I'll let the majority of the pictures tell the story....

















After you make salsa, they teach you to Salsa dance. Both Megan and I danced from the time we were three, so it was a cinch. Our *ahem* slightly tipsy selves got tired of being taught something we already know, so we started improvise our routine.

We won "Most Fun."










Once our excursion was over, we headed back to the port area to wander around. We got caught up with a Mariachi Band!



While we were waiting for the game to be over and meet back up with everyone, we decided it would be fun to take as many ridiculous pictures as we could......






Eventually, the Gators won (can I get an Amen?) and we joined the rest of the group. My BIL Bryan got GREAT amusement out of the fact that I was dancing all over the place. For whatever reason, he'd never seen me so dance-y and carefree.

Some decided to stay in port and drink. I knew I'd reached my limit and needed food, so the rest of us went back to the ship to eat dinner and hang out before calling it a night.

The next day was At Sea. We spent most of the day chilling on the Lido Deck. We claimed a corner of tables and would take turns going to the Hot Tub, going to the Buffet, and watching our stuff. At one point in the afternoon, the guys split to go do something and Megan/I went to the gym. We caught a game of Bingo, walked around, read a little, and then got ready for our last dinner on the ship.



The whole crew at dinner......



Each night, the liquor guys would try to talk us into the specialty shot of the night. We declined until the last night when they got us with a really yummy sounding one.



Mom's first shot, ever............ Sadly, all four of her children preceded her in this milestone.....



My baby brother and I





After dinner, we all finished packing and then found another place to hang out. Trevor and I walked around a bit, once everyone else headed to bed. Sadly, our trip was coming to an end. We gathered for one last dining room meal for breakfast the next morning, got off the ship, and took the 4 hour drive back home.

No comments: