Saturday, February 12, 2011

Now, that is what I was hoping for........

So, this evening, I went with a coworker to visit a potential client. We had a lovely time.

Afterward, neither of us were ready to go home, so we stopped by a Starbucks to grab some tea and chat.

As we ordered, I thought to myself that the guy behind the counter looked familiar. He kind of looked like a guy I went to high school with.

I looked at the name tag and the first names matched. So, I asked, "Is your last name Smith*?"

(Not quite looking at me) "Yes. Yes, it is."

"JOE SMITH!!!!"

He looks up at me and gets a small look of recognition.

"Jessica...... Jessica --------------"

"Jessica! Oh my gosh! How are you?! I didn't even recognize you!"

We then continued to chat for a couple minutes, catching up. He was 4th in the class and has his Master's Degree. He's trying to get a job in his feild, but is having trouble with the current state of things.

Anyway, we caught up and I moved on to chitchat with Mama M. She asked if I went to school with him...... yes, yes I did. For 13 years, actually. We hadn't seen one another since a year after graduation.

And, he didn't recognize me!

SCORE!!!!

1 comment:

LWLH said...

I'm assuming that's good? : )