Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Tidbits

Well, we've made it through the first week of 2012. How is it going for everyone, so far?

This morning, I have some thoughts that I just had to share with you all.....

- Grey's Anatomy was at its best, last night. Truly an amazing episode. The show is a show that I've consistently loved its entire run. Shoot, I decided I would probably love it when the promos came out before it even aired.... and, I was right. Oh, there were things I've hated (ie, pretty much everything about Izzie that didn't have to do with her loving Alex) throughout the years. But, I kept watching. Because, of episodes like last night. The writers of that show have more respect for its history than any other show out there, imo. It probably helps that I've listened to their podcast for years, but I *know* that they purposefully remember things to pay homage to it's history and the fans that have watched every episode. They also have a knack for being able to insert the snarkiest and most real humor into the most critical situations. I love it because I'm like that.... something horrible will be happening and the most random (or inappropriate) thing will pop into my head. So, yes, last night was a great night to be a Grey's fan.

- I am SO in between sizes, right now. As in, one size is falling off of me most times and the other size is squeezing me most times. At this point, after the holidays, the size of pants that I wear one day is directly affected by my salt intake the day before. Today? Today is a day that most definitely follows a day of too much salt.

- I love English muffins. More specifically, my Light Whole Grain English muffins. I learned this morning that I prefer them toasted. They are ok without being toasted, but something about toasting them makes them so much better.

- I am a patient person. However, I'm waiting on a piece of news that is absolutely killing me to wait on. I was told on Tuesday that it would be two days. Now, it's Friday. I. want. an. answer.

- I really need to de-Christmas my blog. But, I've been too lazy to redo it. So, we'll just keep the Christmas tree up a little bit longer. Hopefully, I'll have time/initiative to do it, this weekend.

- Let's Fill in the Blanks......




1.   One of my favorite things to do when I have free time is read. I love to read and can lose myself in books.... which is why I don't have time to do it, very often.

2.   When I have free time I tend to an absolute laze. It's sad. Every now and then, when I've felt I've gotten enough lazy bones time, I'll get in a productive mood, but it's rare. I'm so busy all the time.... when I have free time I want to do only frivolous things.

3.  If I had an entire day completely to myself I would  sleep in a little. Wake-up and watch recorded programs or Live with Kelly (I still like her, even without Regis). Go out to eat lunch.... maybe go to the gym... either read or go see a movie.

4.  I would prefer to spend my free time (alone or with others...)  a little of both. During my vacation, I spend a good majority of my time catching up with friends and spending time with family. It was GREAT, but it was exhausting.... I don't think I've ever spent that much of my vacation in a car, lol. By last Friday, I was ready to do nothing and just be alone. So, I spent the whole day reading "Catching Fire."

5.  Most of my free time happens  on the weekend, if at all. 

6.  The best thing about free time is  that you can be productive or you can do nothing. You don't have a schedule or a plan.

7.  The next time I have free time I should probably  organize my living space but instead, I'll probably   catch up on recorded programs, go to Disney, or read a book, lol.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I want that news too, but considering you are still waiting on an email from me, I probably can't complain. I have my theories on the news though. ;)

Melissa said...

So maybe you can tell me exactly what season & episode grey's is on now? I recently started from Season 1 Episode 1 (back in November, I guess). I JUST finished the last episode of Season 7 on Netflix & i am DYING! It has been suggested that i go get the free week of Hulu Plus to watch Season 8. Are you watching Season 9 now? I want to catch up!!!

LOVE the show! I have loved & hated all of the characters at one point or another (except a few that i simply LOVE or simply hate haha!)

LWLH said...

I am a flipster on Grey's....sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.