Friday, August 9, 2013

Flashback Friday: A Christmas Cousin Reunion

One of my most anticipated things about Christmas was the fact that my cousin Ben (Heidi's brother) and his wife Terra would be joining us for the holiday.

I hadn't seen either of them since their wedding almost 6 years prior and us cousins haven't spent Christmas together since we were small children. This was an EVENT!!!

They were driving in and all day long at work, I was giddy with excitement. Finally, they were here!!!! They came by my office to say Hi......


My Ben and I.....




His beautiful wife Terra and I




One of the first items on the list to do was go over to our Great Aunt Karon's house for cookie decorating and then go out to look at Christmas lights. Again, it had been over 20 years since Heidi and Ben had been in Florida for any holiday, so everyone was excited to see them.



Chilling at Aunt Karon's house....




We were the only ones of our generation for years, so when we were kids, we were SPOILED at Christmas. The last time we got a picture in front of a Christmas tree, we were significantly shorter.

The Original Cousins........ 




The Sisters..... Aunt Karon, Aunt Martha, Aunt Dot, and Ninny



During the festivities, I tried to soak up as much atmosphere as I could. Just getting as many pictures (even if they were low-quality cell phone) as I could. It was such a great night and full of sweet moments.















Paula and I....



No comments: