Thursday, September 11, 2008

Alrighty.... so maybe not....

Remember how last night, I was going to work on being sweet, congenial, and happy-go-lucky, all the time?

Yeah, then I went to work.

I work PT at the radio station, but I have a desk and computer. I, at times, have to share with some of the interns that come in, but basically I've got my own little corner in the Promotions office.

Well, we have a new officemate. Whatever, that's fine. Only, she has decided that she doesn't like "the clutter" in our office. So, she's decided to clean house.

For the past two years, I've been raising a little farm of McDonald's Happy Meal toys. When you first walk in the office, they've been on top of a filing cabinet. EVERYONE plays with the toys. It's almost a conversation piece.... a little fun for the office. She mentioned to me about a week ago, "Say good-bye to your little toys." I told her that she could do whatever she wanted with everything else on the cabinet, but the toys were staying.

I came in today and my toys are gone. I looked around and she had put them in a grocery bag and placed the bag by my desk. I'm slightly livid, right now. Like, I'm trying really hard not to go off.

It's not even about the toys. They're stupid children's items. It's the prinicple of the matter!!! She's been in the office for less than two weeks and she's decided that none of us matter? It's rude! Especially after she was told by me AND the Promotion's Director to leave them alone.

I know it's petty and stupid, but I'm fuming.

And, now, I'm off to go put them back in their rightful place.........

No comments: