Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hello Blogspot!

So, I already have a Facebook and a MySpace. And, now, I'm adding a Blogspot just to complete my internet dorkiness!

I've been reading lots of blogs, lately, and it strikes me as a totally different situation than the other sites. Facebook is more of a "keeping track" of people site.... not so much fun as the vital statistics. MySpace, for me, is a creative scapbook type of thing.

I'm deciding to use this as a journal, I guess. And, in writing down my life, I hopefully will be able to see where I've been and where I'm going.

I'm not sure if anyone else will ever read this, but at least I will!

So, here's the deal....

I just turned 25 two weeks ago. I live at home with my mom, stepdad, brother, stepsister, aunt, and two cousins. Yep, that's a total of 8 people. Trust me, I don't intend to live here forever. I'm just trying to save money and help the family out as much as possible.

I work three part-time jobs.... a dance instructor, substitute teacher, and at a radio station. I eventually want to be full-time in radio/entertainment, but it's taking longer than I expected. I don't mind working my way up or working really, really hard.... I'd just like it to go a tiny bit faster than it's going.

Overall, I like my life. But, in the next year (before I turn 26), I'm hoping to make some major changes.

1) Have a full-time job.... if not at where I'm at, then someplace else. I really don't want to go any where else, but despite promises and appreciation, part-time is getting really old, lol. I need benefits and a more regular paycheck, so I can work on being a fully independent person. Plus, let's face it, living at home with 7 other people can really hurt your social life, at times.

2) Lose weight!!! I've done a great job, but I've hit a lull, so I'm kicking myself back into gear.

3) Celebrate life more..... I really want to live more and appreciate what I have more.

4) Hopefully, be more open. I've found that on Facebook and MySpace, I've begun to hide parts of myself. I'm not sure why, but I'd like to rectify that!


Now, that I've gotten that out of the way..... I think I'm going to start documenting the different parts of my life to create a fuller picture. Or, whatever.

*Yes, I'm over-analyzing the whole thing.... I get this.... However, this is me :)

Until then, have a good one!

No comments: