Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh, BTW....

Why did I choose the title "All-American Jess?"


Well, I've been called an "All-American Girl" or a "Good Girl" a lot, lately. My friend Ashley and I were talking about it and how it's almost used as an insult. It really is..... I mean, I'm hardly perfect or innocent. But, I do tend to make pretty good choices.

Some people I know in my "current" life don't realize that having come from a Christan school, I grew up with people a lot better than me, lol. I grew up watching soap operas, Friends, and Dawson's Creek.... that made me a rebel, to some people's thinking, lol. So, it baffles me when I'm considered to be all sweet and innocent.

Also, there are people I know that are a lot more positive and nice. I am moody. I can be very cynical and sarcastic. There are dozens of people that come to mind that are sweeter than pie and are sooooo happy and encouraging.

So, while I don't tend to think of myself that way, that's the way people perceive me, I guess.

And, I'm deciding to try to not only live up to it, but think of it as a compliment.

We'll see how that goes, lol.........

No comments: