Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yay, Grey's! Walking.... and living at home...

So, I just finished watching the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy. LOVE that show!! I've loved this show since I saw the first preview..... yep, it was love at first sight. Anyway, new season, new episode, and a newly happy Jess over her Grey's.

Somehow, during Grey's, we got into a discussion about living at home and how I'll eventually move out. Here's the deal.... I'm 25 and still live at home. Yes. It's true. But, I see it like this.... I have several friends that are in their late 20's or early 30's who have had to move back home or their parents are bailing them out financially. I'm trying to avoid this, lol. I work my butt off, get to spend and treat myself a little, and I get to save A LOT. I'm slowly, but surely, creating a nest egg that will hopefully let me be completely independent, eventually. I like home.... I get along with my mom and stepdad... so, it's not a hardship. I help when I can or when they need me to and I save as much as possible.

So, that's the story, there.

Now, on to walking. Paula, Billie Jo, and I have a little walking club going on. For the past two weeks, we've been walking every night. Now, before that I did the Elliptical and Treadmill... but I am definitely enjoying the walking. We go around the Lake. And, most of the time, we go around twice, which (with the way we do it) equals to 6 miles. Yay us!

.... Now, if I can only see that in weight-loss, lol.

No comments: