Friday, October 3, 2008

Walking buddies.....

So, I have always tried having a walking buddy to walk around the Lake. Usually, it doesn't work out very well, lol. In some cases, we'll walk every day for a week and then never go again. In others, we walk once or twice a week for a month or so until the other person eventually stops wanting to go.

Well, I've found a great walking group. It started with Paula coming to bring me Starbucks one night while I was working at the station. We chatted for a while and she mentioned wanting to walk. We made plans for that following Wednesday and managed to stick to them.

Then, about a week later, we ran into Billie Jo while she was getting to run the lake. She decided to walk with us and has ever since.

Then, last Sunday, I mentioned to Jenna (at work) that I walk every night. She was interested in joining us, so she came Monday and yesterday (Thursday).

It really is so much fun. I know that exercise is dreadful, at times. You really do just have to force yourself to do it and establish a routine. But, with our little walking group, it has turned into something I look forward to every day. There's something so nice about arriving at the lake each night and having 2 or 3 other girls to unwind with. We walk slow or fast, depending on the day, and most of the time, we go twice around.

We talk about our day, give updates on various situations going on in our lives, talk about upcoming events we're looking forward to, and rate the men that pass us. Yes, we do. We try not to be too "guy" about it. But, there are a variety of men that run past us and we all decide which ones would work for us and which ones wouldn't, lol. It's all in good, light-hearted fun and it helps pass the time.

The funny thing is, a couple of people have been interested in "joining" our little group. Whether they will or not, I don't know, lol.

Anyways, in case our little walking group eventually loses its continuity, I wanted to document just how much I appreciate it now.

No comments: