Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm sorry, but aren't you married?

Happy Monday!

Ok, so a slightly odd thing happened to me the other day. I was working (not the unusual part) and met a guy, who is affiliated with work. The atmosphere at the event I was at was fairly casual and everyone was having a great time. This guy and I started chatting.... he used to work in Promotions (not at my company) and found out that I just became the Promotions Director. We were getting along great, but I thought nothing of it. Everyone was getting along and we were talking work.

Later on in the evening, I left the room that everyone was in to collect my things. He casually followed me and playfully tried to dissuade me from leaving. Then, he was asking me how to get from where we were to another location in the area (he's from out of state). I answered his questions and we both joined the rest of the group in the other room. Again, I didn't really think much of it.

Then, after saying my goodbye's, I left. Well, said guy follows me out to my car. Now, I'm actually starting to get puzzled (yes, I realize slow on the uptake). So, he has this digital camera that doubles as a video camera and he's recording me, as he's asking all of these questions. Weird.

Then, he proceeds to out-and-out hit on me. Huh?

Aren't you married? Wait, yes, you are.

Oh, but your wife is in a different state than the one you are currently visiting. Well, then, my mistake. Suuuurrrrre, let's go out.

Seriously?!?!

I was dumbfounded the entire drive home. I mean, I'm not married, but I do take marriage seriously. And, where in the world would anyone get the idea that I would be willing to be a part of marital infidelity? Obviously, this guy doesn't know me too well.... but, really, I don't think I come across as the mistress type.

And, being honest.... were he not married, I would probably have been interested. He seemed nice, he was cute, and we got along really well. However, that whole being married thing sort of puts the kabosh on me ever going there.

I found out later that he went out with someone else who happened to be there (not related to work). Glad it worked out for him in the end..... hopefully, his wife gets a clue. I don't even know the woman, but I seriously feel for her.

One of my favorite bloggers, Mrs. Newlywed, blogged about a slightly similar situation a while back. I don't get people. Where do they get the idea that cheating on your spouse is ok?

And, where do they get the idea that just because you are single means you're willing to pretend that someone, who isn't, is?

1 comment:

Posh Peach said...

Yes, Disney is so fun!! I wish I had an annual pass. Do you have one? I love to go every once in a while.