Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Today is a fun day, but it's also a bit of a sad day. 5 years ago today, my step-dad Mike passed away. He was a really great man whom I miss. It's really hard to believe that it's been 5 years. In some ways, it feels like yesterday and in others, it feels SO much longer. So much has changed.

My mom and brother (Mike was his biological father) went to a Boston Red Sox Spring Training game, to honor him. We always try to do something fun on March 17th. Well, they do. I always seem to be working, lol. Today was no different.... since I just got the job, I couldn't take off.

Instead, I ended up working a 12 hour day, lol. We had a remote and one catastrophe after another with our engineers. So, at the last minute, I went out there to engineer it. It turned out to be a fun remote, though.

And, just because I am in a rambling mood........ I have been in a bit of a weight and exercise funk. I *need* to lose weight, but I can't find the energy to get out there and exercise everyday like I should. I know I should "just do it." But, boy, it's hard. Anyone have any tips to get me jumpstarted? Once I get going, I'm good about keeping it.

I hope everyone had Luck O' The Irish today!

No comments: