Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This is going to come across as very shallow....

But, is it too much to ask the President to stop clogging up my Primetime TV?

I get that what he has to say is important, but must he say so much of it?

For over a year, my TV shows have been pre-empted for political talk. First with the preliminary races and debates. Then, for the conventions. Then, for debates. Then, for election coverage. Then, for preparations of the Innauguration.

Usually, by the time the elections are over, so are all the special speeches. But, no, not this year. We get a new speech every other week. I expect the State of the Union Address. We all know that's going to happen. TV plans for it. And, obviously, in event of major tragedy, there is a speech. But, must we constantly hear about plans for the economy, education, saving the whales, and world peace?

Just do it, already. I want to watch American Idol.

I know.... I'm a horrible person. It's not that I don't care, it is just that I'm tired of it.

No comments: