Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking forward......

It's Here! 2010 has offcially arrived!

I'm going to be honest.... as the last 4 months of a year are always my favorite, I'm usually a little more sad to see the year go than happy to see a new one come. The New Year is when all the pretty decorations go away, all the festivities are shutting down, and all the obvious reasons to be excited have come and gone.

Plus, other than a couple of really sucky years (2004 really wasn't that great....), I don't usually wish a year good riddance. I get all sentimental and wish it didn't have to end.

All that said, as the ball starts to drop, I get excited. It's a new start, a new beginning.... and there are all these possibilities.

I'm not really one for New Year's Resolutions. I tend to make my goals/resolutions around my birthday. I already have a list that I'm working on.

However, I do have many things that I'm looking forward to........


  • Another trip to St. Jude! - In exactly two weeks, I'll be in Memphis visiting my favorite hospital.

  • Our Radiothon - Feb 25 and 26

  • Taylor Swift concert in March - I will probably be as bad as the teeny boppers, lol. I've listened to her Fearless album no less than 150 times.

  • Strawberry season - Central Floridians will know what I'm talking about. We actually have a Strawberry Festival. That's fun and all, but that's not what really matters. What really matters is the dirt cheap strawberries that you can get on the side of the road. Also, all the strawberry farms where you can stop and get homemade Strawberry Milkshakes...... and Strawberry Shortcake.... and Strawberry Cookies. Seriously, it's one of the best things about living in Florida during March/April.

  • Getting back into a workout routine - As much as I love late August through December, it's a crazy time. It makes it a little tough to devote myself to working out. Things tend to slow down a bit in the earlier part of the year, so I'm excited to get back into my hardcore routine.

  • Hitting a full year with my job - It's getting so close, lol. It's hard to believe it has been a year. I didn't "officially" start until the first of March. However, they asked me in mid-January to apply for the job and act as interim.... I started the first of February. So, it's really close to being a year. It's been a great year, but it will make it a little easier now that I'm not in that "transition" phase.

  • Having a full-time intern - HALLELUJAH!!!!! I'm so excited about this, lol. For three glorious months, I will have SO much help, lol. My intern seems like a really great girl.... I know she's going to be wonderful.

  • My cousin visiting - I have been promised that this will happen, lol. I don't know when, but at some point in 2010, I will get to hug Heidi's neck on Florida land.

There are lots of reasons to be excited that 2010 is here!

What are you looking forward to?

3 comments:

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

awesome things to look forward to! LOVE taylor swift!!!

Happy new year!!

LWLH said...

Wow lots og things to look forward tooo....and your right I do def. get excited to get some strawberries on the side of the road! :)

Justine said...

So jealous you're going to see Taylor Swift!! And what's this about strawberries in Florida?! I love Strawberries!! :)