Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to me, etc, etc, etc

I totally meant to post this week. In fact, I was going to post first thing on Tuesday (my birthday) all about my plans for this year and what I want to accomplish. They were to go something like this....

1) To keep losing weight.... specifically, at least 26 pounds. - Not just because I'm 26 and that was cute, but losing 26 lbs would put me at a very even number. A number I think I'd like. Not to stay there, but that would be closer to my actual goal weight.

2) To continue to try to live and appreciate life more - I want to stop and smell the roses, etc.

3) To start investing - I've got the amount in my savings that I've been working towards. Now, it's time to really start investing.

4) To work on moving out - Not necessarily by the time I'm 27, but I need to be getting close to it.

And, the most important to me, at the time.....

5) Either be with or get over "The Guy"... basically, get some closure on the situation - The "will they/won't they"...."I like you, do you like me?" stuff needs to be on its way out. He's a close friend, but I can't go on like this for another year.

..... Yeah, that was the plan for August 25, 2009 through August 25, 2010.

And, then, "The Guy" drops a bomb on me, Monday afternoon.

"I am moving to Minnesota."

You're kidding, right? No? Really? Oh, there's more?

"Friday is my last day.... I'm moving on Sunday."

And, Jess' world implodes.

So, despite my best attempts to pretend that I didn't hear that on the afternoon before my birthday, I basically have been a walking basket case for the past few days. In the past 3 1/2 days, I think I've cried an 8th ocean.

It has really sucked. Thankfully, I have some absolutely AMAZING friends who have been a great support, with great advice.

I will go into more detail, at a later date. I'm too tired and worn out to get it all out, right now. Plus, as part of my birthday present, I'm going out of town in the morning. Being me, I'm not done packing.

However, as I've now gone 8 hours without bursting into tears (which is longer than I've gone since Monday at about 4pm), I wanted to purge a bit of my soul and do a slight update on the week. As of this afternoon, the "good-bye" has been said. As far as I'm concerned, he's gone. By the time I get back, he'll be on his way to Minnesota and there's no telling when I'll see him again.

So, it looks like #5 might be happening well before I turn 27.

BTW.... I am thinking of petitioning the National Government. I'd like to have the state's name changed to Minne-FRIGGING-sota. I've been calling it that, since Monday, and I feel it has a nice ring to it.

No comments: