Sunday, August 23, 2009

Food for thought

Our pastor has been doing a sermon series on prayer. Today, he used 'The Lord's Prayer' as a model to start having a more involved prayer life. He broke it down, line by line, and showed us how we can use it on an everyday basis, not just Easter, big services, and group readings, lol.

I was enthralled. I've always enjoyed saying that prayer, but today I saw everything in a new light. One of his main points was that we are to pray to God and then not only listen, but let Him work on His time, not ours.

Another point he made was that there are four common answers we get from God.....

No - No, you aren't getting what you're asking for. It's not in my plan for you.

Go - You are on the right path. Keep on trekking.

Slow - Take it easy. Don't rush. Wait and I'll show you my will.

Grow - This is meant as a learning experience. Pay attention to what I'm teaching us.

Again, I was totally caught by what my pastor was saying. Now, I just need to listen and figure out which answer He's giving me, lol.


Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

No comments: