Monday, August 17, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

Yesterday, I went out to see The Time Traveler's Wife with my mom, Jeni, and Jeni's mom. We had such an awesome girls' afternoon!!! First a movie and then, dinner.

I read the book last month and really enjoyed it. I completely wonder what it would be like to know so much about your life. Seriously, could you imagine some man visiting you from the future and telling you he was your husband, lol?

It is a touching story.... I'd recommend it!


Then, came the movie. The Notebook is one of my favorite movies ever, so Rachel McAdams had a lot to live up to where adaptations were concerned.

As complicated as the book is, I thought they did a really good job translating it to film. Not quite as amazing as The Notebook, but still really good.

I will say this... I think it helps to have read the book. I was the only one out of the four that had read it and I spent some of dinner explaining various points in the film. Even today, Jeni was asking me a couple questions. They all still liked the movie, but were confused by a few things. I knew what was going on, because I knew the details.


.... and, may I say how much I absolutely LOVED the wedding dress? It was so beautiful.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for the reveiw! Good to know abour reading the book first, I think I will do that and wait till it comes out on video. Thanks!