Saturday, August 22, 2009

Taking inventory....

I am coming up on my one-year blogging anniversary. I knew it was sometime in September, but didn't know the exact date. So, while looking back for a date, I read my first couple months of posts. More importantly, I read my very first post.

In it, I listed some goals for myself before I turned 26. Well, that big day is this upcoming Tuesday (slightly hard to believe how fast the past year has gone), so I thought I take inventory of what was accomplished and what I'm still working on.



1) Have a full-time job.... if not at where I'm at, then someplace else. I really don't want to go any where else, but despite promises and appreciation, part-time is getting really old, lol.

-A big ole CHECK! I now have the job I'd been working so hard for! That's probably the biggest accomplishment and the biggest change I've experienced this year. As I was reading through some of my old posts, I do kind of miss that schedule. It was very fluid. Mostly, I miss my friends at CPE. That was a really great place to work. However, I do enjoy being in one place... having an office... not feeling so nomadic... SLEEP.

2) Lose weight!!! I've done a great job, but I've hit a lull, so I'm kicking myself back into gear.

- Again, check! Notice that it was a lowercase check, lol. It took me a while to really get into it.... December through April wasn't so great. However, ya'll have been enduring my Weekly Workout Blogs for some time now. And, it's helping!! Slowly, but surely!

3) Celebrate life more..... I really want to live more and appreciate what I have more.

- I think so. That's always a work in progress, I think.

4) Hopefully, be more open. I've found that on Facebook and MySpace, I've begun to hide parts of myself. I'm not sure why, but I'd like to rectify that!

- Again, work in progress, but I think I have become more open. There's always that tendency to shade yourself, but I am working on it.



Not so bad, huh? The funny part was that I'd completely forgotten about those goals I'd set for myself, until I read the post. I was happy to see that without thinking about it, I had acheived what I wanted to acheive.

I've already got some goals for this year. As soon as I read this list, I knew what I wanted to acheive before I turn 27 (I would like to point out that I do NOT like that number.... dear heavens, I'm so friggin close to 30). I'll wait until the actual day to post them, though.

No comments: