Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jess Goes to the Dentist

Confession.....

I have an irrational fear of cavities and gum disease.

Second confession.....

Until today, it had been a LONG time since I'd been to the dentist. A long time. I'm embarrassed to admit how long. Part was because of my irrational fear... the other part was because I worked 3 part-time jobs (none of which offered insurance).

Well, today was the day.

I went to the dentist, yes, I did.

I'm pretty sure I was having a minor panic attack in the chair, especially when the hygienist would make notes after checking in my mouth. I sat there with my hands clenched the entire time.

The good news? No gum disease.

The bad news? I do have slightly receding gums, because apparently I brush too much.

The bad news? The word "Cavity" came up.

The good news? There was only one and it's very small. I was slightly disappointed, but thankful.

I have another appointment in 2 weeks to take care of said cavity. Then, I'm good for another 6 months.

I've decided to try keeping up the whole dentist thing.

No comments: