Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pretty Good Shot...

This morning, I was scheduled to go to a pre-work event with our local Young Professionals' Group.

At a gun range.

I have family members with their concealed weapons permit, as well as some being members of the NRA.

I, however, have never shot a gun. Never really had an interest.

So, this morning, I went in with no expectations.

When it was my turn to shoot, the man gave me a quick tutorial on how to hold, aim, and fire. He loaded it up with five rounds and handed it over.

After my third round, I heard him exclaim, "She just hit the same hole three times!!!!"

That made me sort of nervous and I missed a bit on the fourth. On the fifth, I was back at the hole.

When I was done, the workers and my fellow members of the YPG were all over me, because apparently I'd done a really good job.........



My coworker M and I.....



Who knows.... maybe I've found my hidden talent?
 

6 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Wooooooo!!!! You go girl! I go shooting, but I don't think I've ever done that good!

Sonya said...

Impressive! And if you're ever on a bad date just bring that up and you won't have to worry about whether they will call back or not! Ha!

Justine said...

That's amazing!! I'm super impressed!!!

Melissa said...

Woohoo!!! That's awesome! I always wonder if i would have a good shot. For the last show i did, they had to use real guns in the show & a gun master took them to a shooting range! They all took turns shooting. Way to go girl! ;)

LWLH said...

Nice work!! :)

Kristin said...

nice job!!


i wanted to let you know that i nominated you for a blog award. check it out here: http://livelaughloveforme.blogspot.com/2012/10/blog-award-loving.html