Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Why so serious?".....

I'm SO glad Heath Ledger got official recognition for his work as The Joker.

Personally, I'm a HUGE Batman fan. I love all the movies and really enjoy this new set. They scare the crap out of me, but I just love them. Heath's performance left me with nightmares for about a week after seeing it.

There was a lot of talk about what this role did to his psyche. He, apparently, got slightly messed up by trying to get into The Joker's mind. I'll tell you, I can see why. You never *really* were told why The Joker was the way he was. He was just plain psychotic.



Beyond Heath's work and tragedy, I'm so glad that a mainstream movie won something like this. I haven't seen ANY of the Best Picture nominees. Nor have I seen most of the films for acting, etc. Like when Julia Roberts won for "Erin Brockovich" or Cuba Gooding Jr for "Jerry Maquire", it's so nice when someone is recognized for a role that the general public actually found entertaining. One of my favorite bloggers, Newlywed Next Door, did a post about whether or not the Oscars were irrelevant. In some ways, yeah, they can be. But, when someone like Heath wins, it's like we're winning too, you know?



Just to add.... I'm TOTALLY enjoying the theatrics of this year's broadcast. Hugh's doing a great job. I really am enjoying the song and dance numbers. OH!!! And, isn't the set GORGEOUS?!

1 comment:

Posh Peach said...

I really enjoyed the song and dance numbers as well!!