Sunday, February 8, 2009

And, once again....

Jess is labelled "the good girl."

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does, lol. Tonight, I went to a charity event that benefits Volunteers In Service To Elderly (VISTE). There were a couple of people from work there.... one whose wife I absolutely adore. I sometimes call her "Mama B" because she reminds me a lot of my own mom and she gives such great advice.

B, myself, and this guy from work were all chit-chatting when the subject of relationships came up. The guy and I are both young and single, so Mama B was giving us advice and saying how she doesn't understand some young females of today. Then, she pops out a "Jess, that's we love you so much... you're such a good girl."

Arrrggghhhh.... I hate that. I know, I know... it's supposed to be a compliment. But, a lot of times, "good girl" can ring as an insult. It gets translated into "prude" and "untouchable", neither of which I am. Don't get me wrong, I get that technically, I am a pretty "good girl." I have high standards and values. However, the label irritates me, lol.

On a positive note... I did enjoy myself. I saw a couple of people I haven't seen in a while. Plus, one of my bosses was there. She and I had a great talk, which kind of made me feel better about the whole job situation. If you're out there and you're reading, please pray, because my official interview is Monday.

(Note... if you're confused about my irritation... or, perhaps the title of my blog, read this.)

No comments: