Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ornament Exchange

A few weeks ago, Justine from Almost There announced that she was hosting an ornament exchange! I LOVE Christmas and ornaments, so this was right up my alley!

I was partnered with the beautiful Paige from Live, Laugh, Love. After a bit of conversation, we decided to get each other ornaments that represent us and/or where we're from.

I was absolutely delighted when the box came in the mail. Paige wrote me a nice note and explained that she just couldn't decide, so she got me three! Lucky me!


Ornament #1....

A beautiful horse to represent the horses for which Kentucky is so well-known!




Ornament #2.....

A ballerina. Paige and I both come from dance backgrounds and both have ballerina ornament collections. It's awesome that I have another one to add to my collection.




Ornament #3.....

A snowflake "to bring some snow to sunny Florida" as Paige said. I love it! While I've seen snow after it was already on the ground (like the mountains of Colorado or Central Park in NYC), I've never witnessed the process of snowing. I've never seen a snowflake, so I truly love my pretty snowflake from Kentucky!

Thanks, Paige!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you love it! Yours came this afternoon, and I LOVE it!!! It is so pretty!!!! :)

Ashley said...

That's great that you got 3 ornaments. I like that each are different with a unique purpose/representation. :)

LWLH said...

Great ornaments!! :) I need to post mine!

Mrs. Potts said...

What a great idea! I love the ornaments she sent you, especially the snowflake - it is gorgeous!

MLC84 said...

I love this idea in place of a gift exchange or a cookie exchange!

Sonya said...

What great ideas for ornaments! Really cute!