Wednesday, March 28, 2012

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Have you ever been so unspeakably happy for someone else's success that you just can't stand it?

Well, I am, right now.

I wish I could do a happy dance and sing from the rooftops.

Ya'll..... The Guy is getting out of Minne-friggin-sota!!!!!!

Any readers who live in and/or love that state.... please do not take offense. Us Floridians just think of it as the closest thing you can get to the North Pole.

Anyway.....

Over the past 4+ months, he has been trying hard to find a new job. A couple of really close calls had me biting my fingernails for weeks. WEEKS.

This past month, things looked promising, but I told him I wasn't going to get excited for him until he signed on the dotted line.

Today, it's a done deal!

He is out of Minne-friggin-sota!!!!!

I won't say where exactly, but he'll be south of the Mason-Dixon Line (thank you, Baby Jesus) and he will be a LOT closer to home.

He will be making a LOT more money and have a LOT more opportunity.

Honestly? I'm just glad he will be somewhere more similar to what he's used to and closer to the people that he loves and love him back. I'm sure MN is a great place, but it wasn't great for him.

I am hoping that this will at least give him a better chance of getting to come home for visits, but I'm not holding my breath that it will be anytime soon.

Mainly, I'm hoping that he won't feel like a prisoner to a place so foreign to him.

All that to say.......... I'm proud. It isn't my success and it's not my reward, but it feels like it. It doesn't even affect me in any way, really. My everyday life isn't going to change, in the slightest, by this new development.

But, I'm still really, really happy for him.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That is super awesome!

LWLH said...

That is awesome, congrats to TG.