Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Social


Sunday Social


1. What is the best Valentine's Day you've ever had?
I can't say I've ever had an "amazing" Valentine's Day, really. Usually, my mom does something sweet for me..... That sounds pathetic, but it is what it is.


2. What is the worst Valentine's Day you've ever had?
I can't say I've ever had a "horrible" Valentine's Day, either. While I consider it more of a "Singles Awareness Day" it really is just a day where a lot of people wear pink or red and eat a lot of chocolate. It's not completely "just another day", but it's pretty close.


3. What did you do for Valentine's this year?
My brother's on-again, off-again girlfriend (right now, they're off) Lauren and I went to dinner and to see 'Safe Haven.' We made a GNO of it.


4. What is your best Valentine's idea if you're single?
Seeing as I've been single the majority of my life, I'm pretty good at this one. Seriously, just find people you like spending time with and hang out with them. There is SO.MUCH.PRESSURE. to make Valentine's Day special when you're young and in a (usually, new) relationship. Basically, it's just a day. Yes, we all remember to tell the one we love that we love them, but we should be doing that anyway. AND, on Valentine's Day, we should remember to tell EVERYONE we love that we love them.

All that to say, my friends and family are pretty good about letting me know that they love me on Valentine's Day.... and, that they are praying for the day that I eventually find my Forever Valentine.

Until then, make the day about loving the life you have. Eat candy. Have a fun lunch with friends. Go out to dinner. See a a sappy movie that most guys would roll their eyes at.


5. What is your favorite Valentine's candy?
Butterfinger's and Milky Way Dark are my favorite.


6. Favorite Valentine's memory from your childhood?
Haha... This is actually nothing to do with me, but I always laugh when I think of it. My K-12 school always did balloons or carnations or candy grams for Valentine's Day. It was a fundraiser for one of the grade levels or organizations, depending on who got to it first that year.

One of the sisters of a guy I went to school with was "THE" popular girl. She had a serious boyfriend (whom she is married to, today), but somehow still had all of these suitors. One year, we did balloons and she got some in every single class she had. By about halfway through the day, she looked like she was going to be carried away at any second. Walking through the halls, it was a huge thundercloud of balloon hovering above her. Had a gust of wind come through, she would have been a goner.

And, the flowers. Oh, the flowers. She looked like a Gold Medal winner in the Ice Skating Finals of the Olympics.

1 comment:

Jessica Eustace said...

Girls Night Out are always the best!