Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Social

Sunday Social


1. What was your biggest middle school fashion mistake?

Oh, dear heaven's..... the fashion mistakes. There were a ton of them.

My bangs were pretty horrific. 

I was SUPER into sunflowers, which were in, but looking back I took it way too far. Also, remember those t-shirts that you got at the mall that had pictures of nature and animals on them? A portion of the shirts went to some sort of nature charity. Anyway, I loved those and really had too many.

Proof that I was never destined to be a middle school fashion expert (oh, the awful bangs).....




2. Who were your best friends in high school? Pics?

My best friends were Meg, Ash, Shannon, and Mich. I'm still close with them today (thought Mich lives too far away and I never get to see her).


Me (this was when I decided to grow out the bangs), Michelle, Shannon, Ashley, and Meg on our Senior Trip to Honduras.




A couple of years ago.....





3. What was a typical weekend like for you in high school?

During Basketball season, it involved cheering at games. We traveled all over Central Florida to cheer for those boys.

Other times of the year, we would all go the movies. Pretty much every single weekend.



4. Did you have any boyfriends/girlfriends? Tell us about that.

I was in love with my best friend (sound familiar?). He decided by our Junior Year that he was never going to really feel the same way and started dating this girl who is now his wife.



5. Did you have any secret codes with your friends? Spill your secrets!

The one major code was the Teeth Check. After every meal, we would smile and check each other's teeth. "Good." was the only answer necessary. The funny part was when others were around and wondered why were randomly smiling. We still do this when we eat together.

The other code was for notes. My friend Meg and I had nicknames for certain people that we would then shorten to just initials........ Now that I think about it, this is probably the origin of me using FD (Fun Distraction), TG (The Guy), BSG (Brown Shirt Girl), etc when I blog.

Anyway, we had these names and we also sat in a couple of the same desks for different classes. In Mr. E's Science class, I sat in the first row, second chair in 6th period.... she sat there in 2nd period. So, we would stick notes under the desk that only we could decode. The fun part was when the people that also sat in those seats caught on (as well as the teacher) and they would try to figure out who we were talking about, lol. 

I'll never forget Mr. E and the guys that sat in front of and behind me one day declaring, "They aren't even talking about people at this school! There is NO ONE with the initials WT here! This is a waste of time."

What they never realized that WT stood for Willow Tree..... as in one of our best guy friends, Phillip. One particular week, he was in a seriously grumpy mood and we told him that he was acting like he had a huge Willow Tree up his butt. Thus began a nickname that went on for years and was a perfect code for notes, lol.



6. If you could relive one day/moment/experience from middle school or high school, what would it be?

I really had a great high school experience. My times with my friends and cheerleading were the best.

I wouldn't go back, though.

3 comments:

In With the Light said...

Hey there! New follower from the hop. I too had a huge crush for all of high school on one of my best friends...hence why his name is not listed! lol

Jessica Eustace said...

I had those t-shirts with the animals on them. More then probably should have and I was in love with sunflowers too. I wonder if it's a "Jess" thing.

LWLH said...

I had horrible bang stage too, but mine were curly....ehh.