Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musings

Yet another packed weekend just passed. It was a good one, but it was PACKED.

Friday night, was our cities' annual swan races. Long story, but it's a fun event. Last year, FD and I raced..... him with a bum knee (that he eventually got surgery on) and me with a stomach flu (I hadn't eaten in two days). We still beat three other teams, which I thought was a major coup. This year? Two perfectly healthy men in our swan and they came in last.


Two of my DJs getting ready to race a swan. They got killed.



FD and BSG were there. :/ I'm killing this girl with kindness, but she basically acts like she wishes I weren't. They really are the most awkward couple I've ever seen......... and, at this point, it has been a year. 

How much longer is this going to last???

Anyway, my favorite part of the evening was running into this beautiful lady....



Kelley is our former youth pastor's wife. I haven't seen her in forever and I miss her SO much. She is one of the few people that are/were from my church that I feel like I can be real and imperfect with. We chatted for a little bit, with promises of a night out soon. Seriously made my night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, the 21 and ups had a Girls Day.... We went to a winery that was having a little festival. Super fun. Then, we did lunch at Cracker Barrel, went home and napped, I scrubbed my bathroom from ceiling to floor, worked out for two hours, and then had a movie night with the girls.

I personally was proud of how much I got accomplished in one day.


Our tasting cups.......

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday, I went with Billie Jo and two of her sisters to a big Bridal Show. It was fun, but there were NOT enough cake/food vendors. Seriously, for every one cake vendor, there were two DJ services, two florists, a photobooth rental, and three photographers. Not enough cake. I mean, isn't that really why we go to those things?

While I do love a good photobooth.....



My favorite vendor, by far, was a company that has photographers take photos throughout the reception and then turns them all into magnets for your guests to take as they leave....


Also, I thought this centerpiece was so pretty.....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did anyone watch the season finale of  'The Good Wife' last night?

Somehow, I *knew* who was going to be on the other side of that door when she opened it, at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so happy that it's May Sweeps and all the good stuff is happening on TV, but it also means they are all ending.

At least I have 'So You Think You Can Dance' and 'The Bachelorette' coming on soon, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have decided that far too many men in this world are spineless jellyfish. Like, for real.

3 comments:

Gina said...

When does The Bachelorette start?????

Denise Marie said...

Busy girl!! thanks for the photo help! Blessings..Denisemarie

Sonya said...

I totally have to watch the Good Wife now! I've been recording them all season long and I have yet to watch. I will have to start soon!