Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lesson #3 - Groom Your Eyebrows



Seeing as I have been all dark and twisty the past week, I'm going for one of those "lighter" lessons today.

Eyebrows. Unless you have NATURALLY pencil-thin, beautifully shaped eyebrows, they need to be groomed.

I've been getting mine waxed for years, but I'm honestly not as regular about it as I should be. Like now.... I got my eyebrows waxed right before my cruise (a month ago) and haven't since. Now? They are some scary beasts.

Here's a funny story for you..... Several years ago, my cousin Heidi was visiting all by herself and we went to get our nails done. The lady that does my nails and eyebrows spent the entire manicure trying to convince Heidi to get hers waxed. Heidi wanted no part of it and was slightly offended that the lady was so adamant.

Then, a couple months later, she calls me and says, "So, I decided on a whim to try waxing my eyebrows. That lady was right. I needed it. Badly. What was I thinking to wait so long?"

So, that is my lesson for the day. Make sure your eyebrows are groomed. It does wonders for your face.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

This is SO TRUE. I used to get offended when I would get my nails done and the little ladies would insist. I finally gave in though, and oh the difference it makes! I try to get mine done at least once a month, because I am NOT into plucking. I hate tweezers.