Monday, September 20, 2010

Vacation - Day One (and pre-1/2)

So, for my birthday, my mom and I went on a cruise! I was already planning to take vacation the week after my birthday and my mom planned to surprise with the news on my bday!

Saturday, August 28th, we loaded up the car (and I do mean loaded) and headed down to Miami. We left around 6pm and got into our hotel around 11pm. Momma was ready to party and see the sights........ Jessica was tired from a long work week and ready to go to bed. Isn't that sad?!?!

Sunday morning, we woke up and were ready to explore. My mom used to live in Miami before I was born and I'd only been once.

First though, we opened the curtains of our complimentary upgraded room.........


Two walls of floor-to-ceiling windows. Awesome.




View down to the pool. I'm sure it was lovely at ground level.




Miami Herald (where my mom once worked) and the Port of Miami



From here, we took our life into our own hands. Mom had read on the internet about the Miami MetroMover. She was all excited about free transportation around the city.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ride the Miami MetroMover. It is not like a New York Subway or a DC Metro or any other form of great public transportation in big cities with great public transportation. I literally was nervous for our safety and in need of either medication or a stiff drink once we finally got off.


We were hungry and nervous and wanted something great and comforting..............



BUBBA GUMP'S!!!!!!



After we ate and lowered our blood pressure, we went down by the water. There was a small little amphitheatre with a band, singing, and dancing........





Some sort of Latin line dancing.....




Sweet little lady dancing.....




This man had some moves.....



.... which you can see here........



Cute couple dancing.........




You wouldn't expect this guy to have one hip to shake, but he was owning it, lol.




I found this to be slightly amusing.



At this point, I had a realization that I'd forgotten my shoes for the formal night on the ship. We then went on a full search for shoes that would work....... hours later, we had them.

After a dinner of 5 Guys, we went back to the hotel and crashed.

Next up...... On the good ship!!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

You guys had a gorgeous view from your hotel! So pretty.

Sounds like a fun day (other than the MetroMover) & the dancing pictures are super cute.

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

NEVER go on Miami public transportation unless you have to. we avoid it as much as possible! well we avoid Miami as much as possible too though.. lol

Melissa said...

Wow! Love your hotel!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Justine said...

You look so skinny!!! :) I can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise!! :) Sounds like you had a blast! :)

Kristen said...

I want to know what your mom did at the Miami Herald! (: