Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Minute and WWB

Monday Minute


1 - Who is your favorite childhood superhero?


Batman. I love the movies (the silly 80s/90s ones and the newer/darker ones). I just think it's awesome that he doesn't actually have any super powers...... just a lot of money, determination, and cool gadgets.


2 - List something you have done for pure shock value.

I don't think I have done anything for the pure shock value, lol.

Sometimes, I'll cuss just to cuss and that's enough of a shock for anyone. Or, I'll say something dirty and that usually shocks the person.



3 - What is the most recent thing someone has said/done to you that left you picking your jaw up off of the floor.

Settle in..........

So, a couple weeks ago (August 27th, to be exact), one of my coworkers came into my office, begging to raid my snack stash. We are friendly, but she really knows NOTHING about my personal life (ie.... she knows nothing about The Guy).

I have a bulletin board on my wall with tons of pictures of me with various people. Justine can verify this..... there's about 30 pictures. One of them is me with TG on his last day here (two days after my birthday..... August 27, 2009).

So coworker "A" starts looking through my stash in my closet and notices the picture of me and TG, "Awwwww..... there's good-looking. I miss him. He's been gone too long. He needs to visit."

I reply, "Yep. It's been a year, this week."

A - "That long?! He needs to come back. I miss him..... he's been on my heart, lately."

Me - "Really? Well, pray for him. I guess that's all we can do"

A - "I have been. He's been on my heart, lately. I'm worried about him.... I don't think he's happy."
 
Me - "Well, just pray for him. I do, everyday."
 
A - "I do and will. I'm just worried about him. I just have this gut feeling. I have this feeling that he's coming back soon........ and when he does, you need to be ready for it."
 
Me (trying to keep from looking like God has reached from the Heavens and slapped me across the face) - "Oh?"
 
A - "I mean, I don't talk with him and I don't talk to anyone who does. I just have this feeling that he's coming back and you need to be ready."
 
Me (trying to be nonchalant) - "Oh, wow, A. That's interesting."
 
A - "I'm telling you, he's unhappy. He's unhappy and he's thinking. He's thinking about what is missing from his life..... he's wondering and trying to figure out what's not right. He's going to come back....... and you, Little Miss, you need to be ready for it."
 
Me (getting a little freaked out, at this point) - "Well, I guess we'll see."
 
A - "I'm serious. You're working on yourself, right now. You're working on the outside.... and you're doing a good job. But more importantly, you're working on getting the outside AND the inside on track. You're trying to get YOU where you want to be. Just keep it up, because when he comes back, you're going to need to be ready for it."
 
Me - "Um, ok."
 
A (as she's walking out of my office) - "Just so you know...... it's no coincidence that I brought this up today."
 
I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor, two weeks later. Because, while it's most likely just crazy-talk, HOW WEIRD IS THAT?!?! How strange is it that a person who literally knows ZERO about the situation would bring that up one year TO THE DAY since he left?
 
I don't really think it means anything (other than maybe I'm not as crazy or delusional as I thought), but I literally got chills during that conversation. It's one of those things that you just don't expect.
 


4 - Do you have a moment where you gained clarity about your life?

I have a lot of those moments, actually. Some I've posted about when they happened and others that have just happened along the way.



5 - What are you doing to achieve your biggest dream?

My biggest personal dream is to be a wife and mom. Right now, I'm not really doing anything to achieve it. The one thing that A said that WAS true was that I *am* working on me. I'm trying to get all of me (inside, outside, and everything in between) on the right track and where God wants me to be. That way, no matter what happens down the road, I'll be ready.

I have a lot of professional dreams. Some of them may come true........ or none of them. I'm still in such a learning phase that being right where I am is what I need to do to work towards achieving those dreams.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weekly Workout Blog - Week 66

NOTE: I got weighed and measured on Friday........ even between my birthday and a cruise, I still managed to lost 2 lbs in the month of August! My measurements basically stayed the same, with the exception of a couple small losses. I was frozen in fear that I'd gained weight, but was THRILLED with the small loss!! Now, I need to make up the difference in September!

Sunday - Nothing

Monday - Labor Day (I was a lazy bum)

Tuesday - Curves

Wednesday - Curves

Thursday - 15 mins Elliptical and 30 mins Treadmill

Friday - Curves

Saturday - 45 mins Treadmill
 
 
I'd say I did pretty well on the first week back. I still have a lot of making up to do, but I'm on the right track.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa-I wonder what she knows! I can't wait to find out! Keep us posted!

Sonya said...

Wow! That was one crazy conversation! You'll have to keep us posted!

LWLH said...

Wow that TG convo is craziness!! Does she know more than you think she knows?