Sunday, June 28, 2009

80's Night at The Tropicana

I consider myself a baseball fan, by proxy. My brother has played baseball most of his life and basically breathes the sport. I wouldn't even begin to count the hours that have been spent at parks, watching him play. Every family vacation we go on includes going to a game in that city.

Hence, I've been to more baseball stadiums than most. Men have been known to drool when I list where I've been to see games played (Fenway and the old Yankees stadium get the biggest reactions). Shoot, I've even been to Cooperstown - the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame, for those of you who don't know.

All that said, I understand the game. I even like it... not necessarily for 9 innings... but, I like it.

Tonight, I headed over the bridge to Tropicana Field to see the Rays play the Florida Marlins. We had some extra tickets from a giveaway at the station, so a few of my friends and I decided to go. It also happened to be 80's Night. Pat Benatar was performing after the game. They played 80's music and old movie clips throughout the evening.... super fun!!

Here's Billie Jo and I, awaiting the 6th inning, lol. We promised each other that we would wait until the 6th inning to go get our Dippin Dots. Only problem with waiting that long is that the Banana Split was all gone.



I forgot my camera and that's the only picture I took with my phone. Billie Jo's boyfriend, Steve, came along, as well as her sister Jenny and their cousin Brittany.

We waited to watch the concert. We actually had wristbands to get on the field. Then, we saw the line to get on the field and decided Pat wasn't worth it, lol. Hopefully, we'll be able to finagle it when Smash Mouth comes next month.

It was a fun night! I'll be honest and say that I didn't really pay attention to the game until about the 7th inning. But, it's always a fun atmosphere and the food is good, lol!

No comments: