Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A big ole scaredy cat.

It is a fairly well-known fact about me that I startle easily.... especially at work. We have all of these sharp corners and doors without windows, so I frequently will turn a corner and be startled by a person coming the opposite direction.

"The Guy" was the one who discovered it and has used it to his full advantage for a good long while. There was a point when we were frequently the only ones in the building and he would invent new ways to scare me.

Since then, other coworkers have managed to scare the living crap out of me. Whether on purpose or on accident, they always get a laugh out of it.

I just get into a zone and don't really hear or see anything until it's right there.

Anyway, today I was using a dolly to bring some boxes from downstairs to my supply closet. I rarely take the elevator, but needed to with the dolly. As I was coming around the open lobby catwalk thingy, one of my coworkers jumped out from the stairwell and shouted "BOO!"

I screamed so loud that I scared the receptionist and had 4 other people running from their offices to see what was wrong!!!

"The Guy" came from his cubicle on the other side of the building to see what happened. He then admitted that was the best scare ever (and trust me, he's gotten me good).

My coworker who scared me was about to pee her pants from laughing so hard. Luckily for her, I took it in good humor. However, I did declare that I was not going to get in trouble for disturbing the work environment. If anyone complained, she was going to take the blame!

1 comment:

Emily said...

ahh this is cute:) i too hate being scared! but I do love to jump out and scare ppl!! i have missed you:)