Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jess the Style Icon (or not)

My lovely friend Brittany Ann from Living in the Moment tagged me with this fun award. Britt has her own glorious sense of style.... I'm telling you, she can do wonders with bobby pins and hair.... and was kind enough to consider me "preppy."

Personally, the only reason I think I might qualify is because I went to a private school for 13 years. "Prep" was considered both a compliment and an insult, at the exact same time. Out of all the styles in the world, I think I have a firm handle on what makes a preppy outfit.

I don't think I'm the greatest when it comes to clothing. I try to look presentable and slightly stylish (or, more to the point, like I'm not completely out of style). But, I know I don't exactly work it, at all times. Mainly, I just want to cover the flub.






1. Who is your style icon?
















All of the above. Now, they are all super skinny and I'm not, so I don't tend to dress like them, but I think Reese, Jen, Carrie, and Taylor all have a great style. They can all rock a simple t-shirt and jeans. They all look fabulous all dressed up. Basically, they always look put together and yet very comfortable. Nothing too crazy, but classy.



2. What is your favorite socialite book?

Bergdorf Blondes. I loved it, lol. Also.... I don't know if this counts because it's sort of the other view of the socialites, but I love The Nanny Diaries and The Nanny Returns.



3. What is your favorite party theme?

I have no idea. Put me in a room with good foods and good friends. That's all I ask for, lol.



4. What is your go-to Halloween costume?

Cheerleader or fairy. Those are usually pretty easy.



5. What is the extravagance you just can't live without?

Books and music.



6. Who is the living person you admire?

My mom.


7. What is my greatest fear?

I hate rats and mice. I detest them. After a field mouse got into my house, I made a declaration that I would put Decon pellets into any new place I was living. Before one thing gets moved in, I will make it so any rodents will die before I know they've taken up residence.

On a greater note, I fear losing my family or loved ones. I fear dying before I find love and am able to make a family.



8. What's the trait you dislike about yourself?

I wish I was a little more outgoing and confident.



9. Which talent would you most like to have?

I wish I could sing.

I also wish I was more athletic.



1o. What is my greatest achievement?

I'm going to steal Brittany's answer, a bit. I have lots of blessings, not so much achievements.

Graduating from college was a big deal for me and my family. I was the first one, ever, to graduate from college. Getting my job was a big deal, too. I'd worked for 3 1/2 years for it.



11. Who are the 10 people I'd like to tag with the Preppy Mafia award?




Mrs. Newlywed at Newlyweds Next Door

Katie at Loves of Life

Justine from Almost There





3 comments:

LWLH said...

Rats and mice.....uggghhhhhh, they skeeve me out to the millionth degree.

Marianne said...

Say what??? My first award! You are too sweet :) Speaking of fashion-- was at a certain shoe store yesterday, guess what I saw? The blue shoes you recently purchased!!!!! I literally laughed out loud! They are so cute :) And definitely made me 6'1. So sandals it was haha...


ANYWAY-- I'll answer the questions later ;) Thanks girl! And Carrie Underwood has the best style. At her concert, I seriously wanted to run up on stage and steal her shoes and clothes (as if they'd fit, HAHA)!

Side note-- I need to run away to the beach this summer, crashing your pad, heads up ;)

kjlangford said...

aw! Thanks so much! fun questions!