Sunday, April 4, 2010

Random Questions on Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter, everyone!!!! I hope you have a great day!

Keely decided to keep up with Getting to know YOU, even today, and I'm so glad she did!! Head over there and participate!



The questions..


1. Showers or baths?

Showers, showers, showers! I am NOT a bath person, at all. I might take a bath once a year..... and, when I do, I'm usually so not relaxed. This may be TMI, but the whole time I'm thinking, "My bare butt is now sitting on the same surface that bare feet touch, everyday. Or worse, that other bare butts have sat on."

It doesn't even matter that I clean the tub before the bath. I just get grossed out.



2. Do you have any crazy urges?

Rarely. And, when I do, I almost never act on them.

Does that make me boring?



3. What is one thing we don't know about you?

Haven't we covered it all? I have no clue.

Wait.... I may have already said this before. If so, then you already know it and I'm way too boring for words.

Anyway..... I was born with my intestines wrapped around several organs and tied in knots. When I was 9 days old, I had to have drastic surgery to correct it. It left me with a scar from one side of my stomach to the other (it's so friggin ugly, I can't begin to tell you) and basically, a second belly button (not really, but that's what it looks like). I'm not really fond of the scars, but they were absolutely necessary in the process of saving my life. In 1983, there were 12 documented cases of babies born with the same issues.... I was 1 of 3 to survive.



4. Exercise..love it or hate it?

Exercise and I have a real love/hate relationship. Right now, I hate it because I've let myself get out of the habit of it. When I'm in the habit, I actually don't mind it too much, and I love the effects of it.



5. Do you think you have a good body image?

I think I have a pretty realistic image of my body. I definitely see some good points, but there are a lot of bad, so that tends to overshadow the good. It is the reason I work to lost weight.



6. Flour or corn tortillas?

Either one.



7. How do you celebrate Easter?

Church and then everyone comes over for family dinner.

Today, my mind kept wandering during the service. It was weird because I've been really focused, lately, when I've been at church. I've been totally great about paying attention and really taking in the message. But, today, not so much. The funny thing was that I kept thinking, "Man, I really hope we sing that song. We haven't sang it since the Sunday I blogged about it." We really haven't..... it's like God kept it going for the weeks that I needed it and then once I finally got the message, He took a break from it for a while.

So, I sat in church and kept having to force myself to pay attention. Then, the pastor said we were going to sing as a closing. As soon as I heard the first few notes, I recognized the song. As we started singing, I got more and more giddy. You could feel the rest of the congregation doing the same thing, lol. I literally thought, "YAY, GOD!!! Thanks!!! You knew I needed to be able to sing this song, today!!"

Now, I'm home, updated my FB status, am doing a little blogging, and am about to help with dinner.



8. Hard boiled Easter eggs or plastic eggs?
 
As fun as it is to dye eggs, I prefer plastic. There is nothing worse than not being able to find all the eggs and then smelling a rotting one a few days later (clearly this has happened in the past).
 
Plus, you get to hide candy in the plastic eggs, whereas there's nothing but boiled egg in the real ones. I don't like to eat eggs, so that's no good to me, lol.
 
 
Happy Easter, Everyone!!!

2 comments:

LWLH said...

Have a happy Easter!!! :)

Beth McC. said...

I am with you I have a love hate relationship with exercise but I am working on it! Thanks for sharing!! Yor blog is too cute! Happy Monday!