It's Saturday and I've got very little to say, lol. So, I'll let all of these speak for me..........
1. Do you believe that we will ever be contacted by beings from another planet?
I honestly doubt it. I guess it's possible, but I don't think it's probable. God made us perfect for our planet...... and, if He chose to put life on other planets, then I believe He made them perfect for their planet.
I'd like to point out that if we are ever contacted by beings from other planets, then they are WAY smarter than we are.
2. Have you or a family member ever traced your family tree?
I haven't, but my aunt on my dad's side did.
3. Did you ever consider an acting career?
Yep! I'd LOVE to be an actress (especially on a soap opera). However, I don't really have the body for it and looks do matter.
4. What is the funniest situation you’ve witnessed in a religious setting?
During baptism, lol. I've always had this recurring image of someone slipping down the stairs and causing a big splash. Never happened, so far, but something funny did happen....
One of our pastors' nephews was being baptised. He was a recovering addict (of many things) and a former convict. Well, the pastor got the privilege of baptising him. After he'd actually been baptised, the nephew went to hug his uncle. His long bell sleeve acted as a scoop and water was flung.......... and soaked the top two rows of the choir. The choir had no clue it was coming and were all shocked. I almost couldn't get through the sermon because I'd keep picturing it and get the giggles. It really was hysterical, lol.
5. What's the first movie you remember ever seeing in a theater?
Bambi..... They were having some sort of Disney marathon at one of our local theaters and my parents took me to see Bambi.
6. What's the most difficult confession you've ever had to make?
Confessions are always difficult.
7. What is a city that you have visited and hated?
I am actually not a fan of Memphis, TN. I love going there, because it means I get to visit St. Jude. The actual city? Not really a fan.
8. Has anyone in your life been "they one who got away"?
More like the one that ran away, but yep.
9. Why do you think the 10 foot duck walked into the bar on Thursday Thunks?
No clue, lol.
Mama M's 5QF.....
1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?
Nope........ I took piano lessons for about 6 months in 2nd grade. Then, your mandatory recorder lessons in the 4th grade. Other than that, I'm not musically inclined, lol.
2. What is your pet peeve while driving?
I hate when people ride your tail when you're going the speed limit or even a little over it. I also hate when people go well under the speed limit for no good reason (bad weather, etc).
Another thing I hate........ when you're at a stop sign, waiting to go and the people behind you start honking. I always want to get out of my car, walk to theirs, and say, "Look d-bag...... you can't see what I can see. You don't know how fast my car can accelerate. You don't value my life as much as I do. So, when *I* deem it safe and appropriate to move, I will. Until then, sit patiently and WAIT. Once it's your turn, you can act a fool all you want. By that point, I'll be down the road and away from you."
3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?
4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?
Oh, all the time. I hear music and I'm immediately taken back, lol.
5. What song best represents your life right now?
"Hey Soul Sister" - Something about the fun, carefree song makes me happy. It's how I'm trying to live.
There are others, but I'm drawing a blank, at the moment.
Lauren's Fill in the Blanks Friday........
1. If I could choose my last meal it would be my mom's Thanksgiving meal. Turkey, sweet potato casserole, green beans, sausage-apple-sage stuffing, corn, rolls, Mystery Pecan Pie......... YUM!!!
2. My favorite person to share a meal with is my friends and family. It's always fun to eat with Heidi..... as we're related we completely share our ridiculous love of food.
3. The best meal I've ever had was anytime I've eaten at The Melting Pot...... or when I went to Koi in LA.......... or the times I've eaten at Wolfgang Puck's in Downtown Disney (sigh - I love their Pumpkin Ravioli)..... Keke's in Orlando (I really love their Florida-style pancakes)...... or Demo's in Nashville...... or Ohana's at Disney....... I could go on and on.
4. The one food that makes me feel instantly better when I'm having a bad day is a cookie from American Cookie Company. My friend at work and I love to have "cookie breaks." We haven't had one in a while though......... mainly, because I'm trying to avoid sweets like the plague. Also, my mom has some favorites of mine up her sleeve. A couple months ago, I'd had a HORRIBLE day and she made me chicken and yellow rice.
5. My absolute specialty in the kitchen is I don't think I have one. I'm more of a baker.
6. The city that has the best food is New York City. There is so much ridiculously good food!!!
7. My favorite healthy snack is fruit.... watermelon, bananas, apple.
8. In my opinion the nationality which has the best food is ..... I'm a fan of all nationalities cuisine.
9. If I could learn to cook anything in the world (and be really good at it!) I'd choose Italian food. Like homemade pasta, etc.
10. The most outrageous dessert I've ever had was ...... I very rarely think of any dessert as outrageous. I am always up for a dessert challenge........... I appreciate Bananas Foster Sundae at GrillSmith..... Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory....... Frrrrrrooozzeen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity..... Grapefruit Cake from The Brown Derby at Disney........ Bananas Foster Bread Pudding at Ohana..... any sort of bread pudding or red velvet cake. Again, I could go on and on.