Saturday, June 5, 2010

Eh.... Monthly Workout Blog???

So, I have been working out and tracking food and such. I just haven't been posting it on here.

I know weight flucuates throughout the week, the day even. I'm just getting really frustrated with myself because I can't seem to break a certain barrier. I've got to start seeing some real progress, soon. Part of that means a real commitment to working out. I go, 2-3 times a week, but I know that's not what it takes for my body to shed weight. In order for me to see results, it has to be 4-6 times per week. I hate it, but it's the way it is.



Week 48 (May 2 - 8)

I went to Curves on Monday. On Thursday, I went to the Y and did the Elliptical and Treadmill.

So didn't reach my goals, but tis life.



Week 49 (May 9 - 15)

I went to Curves on Wednesday. Granted, I was sick this week.



Week 50 (May 16 - 22)

I went to Curves on Monday and Tuesday.

Good point this week:  I started seeing that I was getting better. Curves has a program that tracks your progress on each machine, how many calories you've burned, etc. When I first started the program, I was still teaching dance 3 nights a week, so I was pretty strong. Since the studio closed (18 months ago), there has definitely been a decline in my strength and overall fitness. This particular week (I'm not sure why), there was some sort of breakthrough. My majority "yellow" marks suddenly turned all "green." I've yet to have a full green day, again, but they are majority green with few yellows. That's better than the other way around.



Week 51 (May 23 - 29)

On Tuesday, I went to Curves and walked the lake (3 miles). On Friday, I went to Curves.



Week 52 (May 30 - June 5)

That's right, I've officially accounted for my workout (or non-workout as the case has sometimes been) routine for an entire year.

This week has been pretty good and I intend to keep it that way! In order for me to meet my long-term goals, I need to start forcing myself to meet the short-term ones!

Tuesday - Curves
Wednesday - Curves
Friday - Curves
Saturday - Walked for 50 mins.



Goals for this upcoming week:


  • Track ALL food
  • Curves at least 3 times (this is in line with a Challenge they're having at the gym)
  • Treadmill/Walk at least twice

Bonus points if.....

  • I make it to the Y and get on an Elliptical.
  • I make it to a Zumba class.
  • I do pilates.

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

You're doing really well! I'm horrible about tracking these kinds of things, but you've done great!

Gina said...

Does Curves still weigh and measure you every month? I went there before and during my pregnancy with L. Have you made progress in that area?