Monday, August 27, 2012

HISMSV - Last day in NYC

On our last day in NYC, we decided to do the fullout touristy thing and take a double-decker tour bus. Well, the girls did...... the boys had a Mets game.

I have done the Hop On/Hop Off in NYC about three times and I like it each time. There is never enough time in the city and it's a nice way to feel like you got a taste of everything. Plus, the older Megan had never been to NYC before our trip, so we wanted her to see the parts that we didn't get to do.


The Lincoln Center - The NYC Ballet is the building on the left. So beautiful inside.




The Apollo Theatre




The Guggenheim




We had a lot of fun on the tour. However, sometimes it was a bit nerve-wracking to be so high up.... and see just how close the bus got to the car/tree/biker in front of us.


The Megans freaking out just a bit.




We actually had to duck on this one....




This sign just made me laugh.......




The Plaza




Once the Uptown Route was over, we took a break and had lunch. As they were heading to start the Downtown Route, I headed to meet up with a friend that lives in NYC. I hadn't seen Laur in almost 7 years.... we spent two hours chatting and catching up. 


So awesome to see a friend.... I love this lady.



Sadly, we had to wrap up our time together, but we promised not to let such a long time go again before seeing one another. I caught back up with Mom and the Megans to finish up the tour.




I *heart* Radio City Music Hall.



We got back to the hotel to meet up up with my former intern C. C was with me from January until June.... then, she promptly got a job in NYC!!! I miss her dearly.... she was an awesome intern... but am so, so, so proud of her!

We went on a night tour of the city. It was a ton of fun and a first for all of us!!


Manhattan from Brooklyn





This car was next to our bus when we got off. It just amused me.




C and I.... She really was a great intern and became a great friend. I love my interns, generally, but I saw so much of myself in C.



The boys got back from their game just in time to meet us at Juniors for dinner. If you ever go to Juniors.... SHARE YOUR MEAL!!!! They are the biggest portions I've ever seen. No joke, we all sent C home with a week's worth of food.


Buddies........ C and Trev went to the same college last year. C was a senior and Trev was a freshman. Between me and the Greek life, they became friends, lol.



No comments: