Monday, October 12, 2009

Failing miserably....

I want to get over "The Guy." I really, really do. It would make my life a whole lot easier.

It is my full intention to completely move on. I promise. Hello, he now lives in Minne-friggin-sota.

However, I'm failing miserably.

We've been talking, emailing, Facebooking, and texting quite a bit. To be perfectly honest, it feels much more natural than the week to week-and-a-half breaks in between our communication.... and, it should given the fact that we were in each other's every day lives before he left.

I miss you.... - Yep, that's what I want to hear and I don't even have to say it first.

Stay in touch. - He says it every single time we talk on the phone or email.

Your birthday present is going to be a while, but I'll make it good, I promise. - What's your definition of "a while" and "good"?????

I'm half calling to ask a favor and half calling just because I wanted to talk to you. - This was today and was completely unexpected.... I was literally writing in his birthday card when my phone started singing his ringtone, lol. We had a nice 15 min chat and then I did a happy dance in my office (door closed, of course). BTW.... the "favor" was absolutely nothing. Honestly, hardly a favor, at all. I enjoyed the half just wanting to talk to me -thankyouverymuch.

It may not be helping me get OVER him, but I think it is helping me get used to him not being here. Oh, well.... what's a girl to do, lol?

~ P.S. ~ Based off our conversation today, it doesn't look like he's coming home this weekend. Still cross your fingers and pray.

1 comment:

LWLH said...

Fingers crossed! :)