That's right, folks! I am officially TWENTY-EIGHT YEARS OLD.
Do you realize that is only two years from 30?
I'll be perfectly honest.... this is a scheduled post. I'm currently at work, basking in my birthday glow and eating whatever I want (calories do not count on your birthday...... it's the law). I'll post about my birthday later.
However, I have some goals to declare.
From August 25, 2011 to August 25, 2012, I would like:
1) To work on improving my relationship with the Lord. - The past year and a half has shown the most growth in my relationship with God than in my whole life. Like last year, I want to keep it up. There are so many ways that I need to improve with Him.
2) To lose weight...... again. - Yeah...... seeing as this has been my goal for the past three birthdays, I might as well keep it going. Despite my calorie/point blindness today, I've actually done really well on Weight Watchers and intend to keep it up. I'm about 30 lbs from my goal weight, so I just need to keep on trucking.
3) To travel to at least five different places. - This is a new one for me. In college, I traveled a LOT. I went on some of the best trips. Since then, I've tapered off. Already, I know I'll be going to Memphis, again, in January. I also have two tentative weekend trips planned. That's three, right there. I just read Kelly's Korner, today, and she was talking about singleness. She was encouraging those of us that are in the "single season" to embrace it. One of the things she said was to travel. So, I'll take her advice!! While I'm 28, I want to travel to at least five different places........ either out of the state or to a place in the state that I've never been.
4) To write and mail at least one card a month (or more than 12 in the whole year) - I was having a discussion with a semi-coworker a few weeks ago and we were both saying how much hand-written cards mean to us. Not only hand-written, but ones you receive in the mail. I know this seems silly for a goal, but I truly believe that there is something about being able to write/mail a card that makes you a better person. I'm actually pretty good about writing cards to people, but I can think of at least two people who deserve a nice "Thank You" note, right now. It could be emailed, but I do think mailing is in order.
5) To actively experience at least six new things that are completely unrelated to work. - It might be volunteering..... maybe taking a class..... possibly picking up a new hobby. I honestly don't know what, but at least six times in the next twelve months, I want to do something new that isn't related to my job. That is the double-edged sword.... I get to do a lot of new and fun things. However, it's always in the wrappings of my job, so "CAREER" is in the forefront of my mind. Let's expand, shall we?
I hope you all will follow along for this next chapter of my journey!