Tomorrow is my birthday!
My birthday goals have become a bit of a tradition on this ole blog o' mine (found here, here, and here). I make them and then usually don't look at them but maybe once throughout year, until the week of my birthday. Then, I'm surprised at what I've accomplished and what I haven't, lol (found here and here).
1) To lose weight...... and be at my goal weight. - Forget the small goal nonsense. I tried that and apparently my small, manageable goal was so small and manageable that I didn't take it seriously enough. I have a lot of work to do, folks. This is the year to do it.
- Eh, not so much. I don't know why I thought I'd be so quick about it. I mean, I've lost just over 100 lbs from my heaviest weight. And, it took me about 6 years. So, I know it takes a while.
The good news is that I'm actually at the goal weight I made when I turned 26. So, I did reach a goal..... just a year later than I intended.
Whatever. I did lose it.
2) To work on improving my relationship with the Lord. - I have really come closer to God, in the past eight months. I need to keep working on learning what the Lord has to teach me and follow His plan for me.
- I think I've continued to make progress. In 2010, I went to church more than I'd ever gone in my life. Going to church every Sunday became something I WANTED to do..... not just something that I knew I should do. It's still a part of my every week routine that I look forward to doing. I *have* missed more church this year than last year, but it's more a priority than ever before.
I have other ways that I have improved and still need to improve. It's actually something I've thought about writing about, recently.
3) To start investing privately. - Again, I enrolled in my company's 401K plan. I want to do some of my own investing.
- Almost a check! I made contact with a financial planner that I really like and trust. We're in the process of setting me up, in a lot different areas. I'm really excited and feel like I'm a great path for my financial future!
4) To get some of my relationships on even ground. - The past year has been a trial. I am coming into my own a bit, at work, and some of my "friends" are having a time with it. It's a bit of a thin line to figure out where I need to set up boundaries. I don't want to lose friendships, but I don't want to be taken advantage of, either. I'm hoping to get some clarity and peace about the situations.
- Hallelujah, yes! Things have changed in the past year. And, it got worse before it got better. However, the place I'm in now is much healthier and better than I was this time last year. MUCH better.
5) To have a better year. - 26 kind of sucked. I've cried a lot in the past 12 months. I'm hoping and praying that 27 is a little happier.
- Again, YES!! 27 was way better than 26. The past year has been good.
I've said it several times in the past couple months......... 25 was AWESOME. It really was so great. 26 SUCKED the big one. 27 has been in the middle and I'm ok with that.
Overall, I'm proud of looking back at where I was last year and seeing that I've made major progress for 27. Honestly, I didn't set myself too hard. I was coming off of a rough year and was still dealing with a lot. So, my main goal was to get myself physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy. Mission is certainly being accomplished!!
Thanks to all of you for joining me! Thanks for encouraging me and keeping up with me!