That's right, folks! I am officially TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS OLD.
Do you realize that is only three years from 30?
I'll be perfectly honest.... this is a scheduled post. I'm currently at work, basking in my birthday glow and eating whatever I want (calories do not count on your birthday...... it's the law). I'll post about my birthday later.
However, I have some goals to declare.
From August 25, 2010 to August 25, 2011, I would like:
1) To lose weight...... and be at my goal weight. - Forget the small goal nonsense. I tried that and apparently my small, manageable goal was so small and manageable that I didn't take it seriously enough. I have a lot of work to do, folks. This is the year to do it.
2) To work on improving my relationship with the Lord. - I have really come closer to God, in the past eight months. I need to keep working on learning what the Lord has to teach me and follow His plan for me.
3) To start investing privately. - Again, I enrolled in my company's 401K plan. I want to do some of my own investing.
4) To get some of my relationships on even ground. - The past year has been a trial. I am coming into my own a bit, at work, and some of my "friends" are having a time with it. It's a bit of a thin line to figure out where I need to set up boundaries. I don't want to lose friendships, but I don't want to be taken advantage of, either. I'm hoping to get some clarity and peace about the situations.
5) To have a better year. - 26 kind of sucked. I've cried a lot in the past 12 months. I'm hoping and praying that 27 is a little happier.
I hope you all will follow along for this next chapter of my journey!